- The following discussion is an archived discussion of the DYK nomination of the article below. Please do not modify this page. Subsequent comments should be made on the appropriate discussion page (such as this nomination's talk page, the article's talk page or Wikipedia talk:Did you know), unless there is consensus to re-open the discussion at this page. No further edits should be made to this page.
The result was: promoted by NorthBySouthBaranof (talk) 05:12, 1 June 2013 (UTC)
Created/expanded by Janet Hughes (talk). Nominated by Pigsonthewing (talk) at 16:53, 16 May 2013 (UTC).
- The length and date of creation of this article both check out fine, and checks reveal no evidence of copyvio, but reference two does not explicitly support the hook fact. Harrias talk 15:59, 31 May 2013 (UTC)
- Now fixed. Andy Mabbett (Pigsonthewing); Talk to Andy; Andy's edits 16:06, 31 May 2013 (UTC)
- Sorry, I should have expanded on my issue. The fact that his father painted him when he was six is referenced to a picture entitled "Theo" painted in 1930. There is nothing on that page that explicitly states that it was of Theodore Garman, that he was six at the time, or that it was even painted by his father. Harrias talk 16:35, 31 May 2013 (UTC)
- I see your point. I should have a better reference tomorrow, when I'm back at the gallery. That said, the page cited is in an online gallery of paintings by Epstein, and the work is dated 1930, and it also appears in the gallery of pictures of Theo... Andy Mabbett (Pigsonthewing); Talk to Andy; Andy's edits 16:45, 31 May 2013 (UTC)
- In fact, I found it online; see the reference which includes accession number 1973.053.GR. Andy Mabbett (Pigsonthewing); Talk to Andy; Andy's edits 16:49, 31 May 2013 (UTC)
- I have added a quote from that library entry into the citation for clarity. Good to go now, thanks for your speedy responses! Harrias talk 16:56, 31 May 2013 (UTC)