- The following is an archived discussion of the DYK nomination of the article below. Please do not modify this page. Subsequent comments should be made on the appropriate discussion page (such as this nomination's talk page, the article's talk page or Wikipedia talk:Did you know), unless there is consensus to re-open the discussion at this page. No further edits should be made to this page.
The result was: promoted by Yoninah (talk) 00:35, 4 August 2019 (UTC)
Wibke Bruhns in 2012
- ... that Wibke Bruhns (pictured), the first woman presenting news on German television, was a correspondent for Stern in Jerusalem, and wrote the biography of her father who was executed by the Nazis? Source: several
- Reviewed: Jan Gralewski (courier)
- Comment: She is best known for having been the first female TV news presenter but hated to be reduced to that, so please let's not do it here again. - If time permits, I'll get more over from German, but I have a rather urgent GA project and am behind. - Perhaps the pic could be cropped, David?
Created by Gerda Arendt (talk). Self-nominated at 10:09, 1 July 2019 (UTC).
- This article is new enough and long enough. The image is appropriately licensed, the hook facts are cited inline, the article is neutral and I detected no copyright or plagiarism issues. A QPQ has been done. I think we need citations for the awards. Cwmhiraeth (talk) 06:26, 24 July 2019 (UTC)
- Thank you, and understand, was out, and will be out again for a concert, and promised myself to add to another recent death, - so that may be tomorrow. --Gerda Arendt (talk) 15:47, 24 July 2019 (UTC)
- Citations for the awards are still needed. The hook is actually really good, but the phrasing is a bit off and perhaps a bit too long (including "(pictured)", it's at 197 characters, or 186 characters without "(pictured)"). More concise wording is needed, or perhaps it can be split into two separate hooks:
- ALT1 ... that Wibke Bruhns (pictured), the first female German television news presenter, was a correspondent for Stern in Jerusalem?
- ALT2 ... that Wibke Bruhns (pictured), the first female German television news presenter, wrote the biography of her father who was executed by the Nazis?
- Narutolovehinata5 tccsdnew 23:53, 24 July 2019 (UTC)
- Thank you for offering, but as she is by some "only" known for that "first" thing, I'd really prefer to mention both very different, very important other facts. - We never count "pictured", so no need to even give that number. - I am aware of the ref necessity and said so, why repeat? Today, I first have to further expand the recent death, then write an article which is supposed to be linked to in a hook, and have not done my daily prizes, so: the refs may come later today, or tomorrow. --Gerda Arendt (talk) 08:02, 25 July 2019 (UTC)
- Well the thing is, if the picture is going to be used, then "(pictured)" would still need to be in the hook, and it's in the reviewers' discretion on whether or not to include "(pictured)" in the character count. This would of course be mitigated if the hook wasn't in the picture slot, but still. In any case, like I said, the original hook is very interesting, it just needs to be made more concise if possible. Narutolovehinata5 tccsdnew 12:21, 25 July 2019 (UTC)
- To my understanding, in "The hook should be concise: fewer than about 200 characters (including spaces and the question mark, but not including the ... or any (pictured)." from the criteria, it's not up to the reviewer to count the pictured-clase, but it's never to be counted, not even when longer, such as "example pictured". - I believe that the hook is fine as it is, and if anything should be dropped it's the "first moderator" thing, which is purely sensational, and she later said that she didn't like just to read the news, but not word them. But it's certainly what many people I know will automatically associate with her name: a television presence in the daily news for years, - so not to mention it would also be strange. --Gerda Arendt (talk) 12:45, 25 July 2019 (UTC)
- Awards are now referenced. --Gerda Arendt (talk) 22:27, 25 July 2019 (UTC)
- Thank you. The DYK criteria are now met, and I am approving ALT0, ALT1 and ALT2. Cwmhiraeth (talk) 09:11, 26 July 2019 (UTC)
- Adding the correct tick, as it has already been approved. Narutolovehinata5 tccsdnew 10:57, 26 July 2019 (UTC)