Template:Did you know nominations/Yvette Lévy
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- ... that Yvette Lévy (pictured) has returned to Auschwitz concentration camp over two hundred times with students, to teach them about her experience at the camp she survived?
- Source: "Seule une poignée a encore la force de multiplier les allers-retours. Yvette Lévy s'est rendue plus de deux cents fois là-bas depuis sa libération." (Roughly translates to: "Only a handful has the strength to go back again. Yvette Lévy has been there over 200 times since her liberation")
- Source: "Avec ces adolescents, elle est retournée 200 fois à Auschwitz !" (Roughly translates to: "With these students, she has returned 200 times to Auschwitz!")
- ALT1:... that after her time in Auschwitz concentration camp, Yvette Lévy returned to Noisy-le-Sec to find her parents and brothers alive, despite the Gestapo telling her they died?
- Source: "Quand Yvette est rentrée, elle a retrouvé ses parents et ses deux frères. À la Gestapo, elle avait déclaré qu’ils étaient tous morts dans des bombardements." (Roughly translates to: "When Yvette returned, she found her parents and her two brothers. At the Gestapo, [the Gestapo] had declared that they had died in some bombings.
- Interesting life, on good sources, French sources accepted AGF, no copyvio obvious. I like the original hook much better, so strike the other. - I made some formatting changes to the article, please check. Other minor changes: I changed to 200 in the hook, added "survived" (because her experiences could theoretically also been to have worked there), added the pictured clause, and shortened the caption, - we see that it's a photo ;) - In the article, please find a better word instead of "depicting" her experiences. I would but don't find one right now. Anybody? --Gerda Arendt (talk) 17:00, 8 July 2019 (UTC)