Template:In the news
- SpaceX CRS-7, an unmanned resupply mission to the International Space Station, fails when the Falcon 9 launch vehicle disintegrates (pictured) shortly after liftoff.
- A dust explosion at a theme park in New Taipei City, Taiwan, kills one person and injures around five hundred others.
- The U.S. Supreme Court rules in favor of recognizing same-sex marriage nationwide.
- At least 40 people are killed in attacks on two hotels in Sousse, Tunisia.
- A bombing at a mosque in Kuwait City kills at least 27 people.
- ISIL forces attack the Syrian city of Kobanî, killing more than 140 civilians.
- Scientists announce the discovery of an early turtle ancestor that lived 240 million years ago.
|In the news toolbox|
In the news mentions and links to entries of timely interest—that is, encyclopedia articles that have been updated to reflect an important current event—rather than conventional news items. To prevent vandalism on the Main Page, it is a permanently protected template. See Wikipedia:In the news for more details.
See an error? Please note it on Wikipedia:Main Page/Errors for administrator assistance. Thanks.
The template accepts one parameter: adding
|nocurrenteventslink=1 removes the link to Portal:Current events. This is used on the current events page to hide the link there.
In terms of Main Page balance, right now we're configured for widescreen monitors, which it appears most editors use. Non-widescreen users, please do not change the balance even if it looks off on your monitor.
Click here to purge the template's cache manually, if it does not appear to be updating on the Main Page after you edit it.
|The above documentation is transcluded from Template:In the news/doc. (edit | history)
Editors can experiment in this template's sandbox (edit | diff) and testcases (edit) pages.
Please add categories to the /doc subpage. Subpages of this template.