Template:In the news
- Over half a million people from across the UK attend a People's Vote march (pictured) in London, protesting against Brexit.
- A train runs into a crowd celebrating the Dusshera festival in Amritsar, India, killing more than 50 people and injuring at least 100 others.
- A mass shooting and bomb attack at a polytechnic college in Kerch, Crimea, kills 21 people and injures 70 others.
- Hurricane Leslie makes landfall in Portugal as an extratropical cyclone with 110 kilometres per hour (68 mph) winds, contributing to 16 deaths.
|In the news toolbox|
In the news mentions and links to entries of timely interest – encyclopedia articles that have been updated to reflect an important current event – rather than conventional news items. To prevent vandalism on the Main Page, it is a permanently protected template. See Wikipedia:In the news for more details.
See an error? Please note it on Wikipedia:Main Page/Errors for administrator assistance.
The template accepts one parameter: adding
|nocurrenteventslink=1 removes the link to Portal:Current events. This is used on the current events page to hide the link there.
Admins: after updating please purge the cache of the Main Page so that the updated version appears.
In terms of Main Page balance, right now we're configured for widescreen monitors, which it appears most editors use. Non-widescreen users, please do not change the balance even if it looks off on your monitor.
- Click here to purge the template's cache manually, if it does not appear to be updating on the Main Page after you edit it.
|The above documentation is transcluded from Template:In the news/doc. (edit | history)|
Editors can experiment in this template's sandbox (edit | diff) and testcases (edit) pages.
Please add categories to the /doc subpage. Subpages of this template.