Template:In the news
- An oil truck explosion in Ahmedpur East, Pakistan, kills at least 150 people and injures more than 100 others.
- The World Health Organization estimates that 200,000 people in Yemen have been infected with cholera.
- At least 10 people are killed and more than 90 others are missing following a landslide in Sichuan, China.
- In Pakistan, at least 80 people are killed and more than 200 others are injured in multiple bombings in Quetta and Parachinar.
- The cricket teams of Ireland and Afghanistan are awarded Test status by the ICC.
|In the news toolbox|
In the news mentions and links to entries of timely interest — that is encyclopedia articles that have been updated to reflect an important current event — rather than conventional news items. To prevent vandalism on the Main Page, it is a permanently protected template. See Wikipedia:In the news for more details.
See an error? Please note it on Wikipedia:Main Page/Errors for administrator assistance. Thanks.
The template accepts one parameter: adding
|nocurrenteventslink=1 removes the link to Portal:Current events. This is used on the current events page to hide the link there.
Admins: after updating please purge the cache of the Main Page so that the updated version appears.
In terms of Main Page balance, right now we're configured for widescreen monitors, which it appears most editors use. Non-widescreen users, please do not change the balance even if it looks off on your monitor.
|The above documentation is transcluded from Template:In the news/doc. (edit | history)
Editors can experiment in this template's sandbox (edit | diff) and testcases (edit) pages.
Please add categories to the /doc subpage. Subpages of this template.