Template:In the news
- South Sudan and the United Nations declare a famine in parts of the country.
- A suicide bombing at a shrine in Sehwan, Pakistan, kills at least 83 people and injures more than 250 others.
- The Indian Space Research Organisation's PSLV-C37 mission launches a record 104 satellites at once.
- Kim Jong-nam, the half-brother of North Korean leader Kim Jong-un, is killed in Malaysia.
- La La Land wins in five categories, including Best Film and Best Director (Damien Chazelle, pictured), at the British Academy Film Awards.
|In the news toolbox|
In the news mentions and links to entries of timely interest — that is encyclopedia articles that have been updated to reflect an important current event — rather than conventional news items. To prevent vandalism on the Main Page, it is a permanently protected template. See Wikipedia:In the news for more details.
See an error? Please note it on Wikipedia:Main Page/Errors for administrator assistance. Thanks.
The template accepts one parameter: adding
|nocurrenteventslink=1 removes the link to Portal:Current events. This is used on the current events page to hide the link there.
Admins: after updating please purge the cache of the Main Page so that the updated version appears.
In terms of Main Page balance, right now we're configured for widescreen monitors, which it appears most editors use. Non-widescreen users, please do not change the balance even if it looks off on your monitor.
|The above documentation is transcluded from Template:In the news/doc. (edit | history)
Editors can experiment in this template's sandbox (edit | diff) and testcases (edit) pages.
Please add categories to the /doc subpage. Subpages of this template.