Template:In the news
- A Russian Su-24 warplane is shot down by a Turkish Air Force F-16 near the border between Turkey and Syria.
- American Pfizer and Irish Allergan agree to a merger that will create the world's largest pharmaceutical company.
- More than 100 people are killed in a landslide at a jade mine in Kachin State, Myanmar.
- In motorsport, Kyle Busch (pictured) wins the 2015 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series championship.
- Cambiemos candidate Mauricio Macri is elected President of Argentina.
- Twenty people are killed after more than 130 people were held hostage by gunmen at the Radisson Blu hotel in Bamako, Mali.
|In the news toolbox|
In the news mentions and links to entries of timely interest — that is encyclopedia articles that have been updated to reflect an important current event — rather than conventional news items. To prevent vandalism on the Main Page, it is a permanently protected template. See Wikipedia:In the news for more details.
See an error? Please note it on Wikipedia:Main Page/Errors for administrator assistance. Thanks.
The template accepts one parameter: adding
|nocurrenteventslink=1 removes the link to Portal:Current events. This is used on the current events page to hide the link there.
In terms of Main Page balance, right now we're configured for widescreen monitors, which it appears most editors use. Non-widescreen users, please do not change the balance even if it looks off on your monitor.
|The above documentation is transcluded from Template:In the news/doc. (edit | history)
Editors can experiment in this template's sandbox (edit | diff) and testcases (edit) pages.
Please add categories to the /doc subpage. Subpages of this template.