Template:In the news
- Russia begins air strikes (Sukhoi Su-30 pictured) against Islamic State and anti-government forces in Syria in support of the Syrian government.
- The Indian Space Research Organisation launches Astrosat, India's first space telescope.
- Taliban forces seize control of the provincial capital of Kunduz in northern Afghanistan.
- A stampede during the Hajj pilgrimage in Mecca, Saudi Arabia, kills hundreds of people.
- Volkswagen CEO Martin Winterkorn resigns after company officials admit widespread rigging of diesel emissions test results.
|In the news toolbox|
In the news mentions and links to entries of timely interest — that is encyclopedia articles that have been updated to reflect an important current event — rather than conventional news items. To prevent vandalism on the Main Page, it is a permanently protected template. See Wikipedia:In the news for more details.
See an error? Please note it on Wikipedia:Main Page/Errors for administrator assistance. Thanks.
The template accepts one parameter: adding
|nocurrenteventslink=1 removes the link to Portal:Current events. This is used on the current events page to hide the link there.
In terms of Main Page balance, right now we're configured for widescreen monitors, which it appears most editors use. Non-widescreen users, please do not change the balance even if it looks off on your monitor.
|The above documentation is transcluded from Template:In the news/doc. (edit | history)
Editors can experiment in this template's sandbox (edit | diff) and testcases (edit) pages.
Please add categories to the /doc subpage. Subpages of this template.