Template:In the news
- A heat wave in India kills at least 1,100 people.
- In motorsport, Nico Rosberg wins the Monaco Grand Prix.
- In cricket, Mumbai Indians win the Indian Premier League after defeating Chennai Super Kings in the final.
- Måns Zelmerlöw (pictured), representing Sweden with the song "Heroes", wins the Eurovision Song Contest in Vienna, Austria.
- Mathematician and Nobel Laureate John Forbes Nash, Jr., the subject of the film A Beautiful Mind, dies in an automobile accident.
- At least 40 people are killed in a shootout in Mexico between Federal police and members of Jalisco New Generation Cartel.
- Ireland becomes the first country to legalise same-sex marriage by constitutional referendum.
- At least 21 people are killed by a suicide bomb in Qatif, Saudi Arabia.
|In the news toolbox|
In the news mentions and links to entries of timely interest—that is, encyclopedia articles that have been updated to reflect an important current event—rather than conventional news items. To prevent vandalism on the Main Page, it is a permanently protected template. See Wikipedia:In the news for more details.
See an error? Please note it on Wikipedia:Main Page/Errors for administrator assistance. Thanks.
The template accepts one parameter: adding
|nocurrenteventslink=1 removes the link to Portal:Current events. This is used on the current events page to hide the link there.
In terms of Main Page balance, right now we're configured for widescreen monitors, which it appears most editors use. Non-widescreen users, please do not change the balance even if it looks off on your monitor.
Click here to purge the template's cache manually, if it does not appear to be updating on the Main Page after you edit it.
|The above documentation is transcluded from Template:In the news/doc. (edit | history)
Editors can experiment in this template's sandbox (edit | diff) and testcases (edit) pages.
Please add categories to the /doc subpage. Subpages of this template.