|This page documents an English Wikipedia policy, a widely accepted standard that all editors should normally follow. Changes made to it should reflect consensus.||
To include up to five shortcuts, pass parameters:
This template links all official policies to Category:Wikipedia policies and to one of its subcategories based on the "subcategory" parameter:
- "conduct": Category:Wikipedia conduct policies
- "content": Category:Wikipedia content policies
- "deletion": Category:Wikipedia deletion policies
- "enforcement": Category:Wikipedia enforcement policies
- "procedural": Category:Wikipedia procedural policies
- "legal": Category:Wikipedia legal policies
To include additional text after the boilerplate, insert a "text" parameter.
New policies require approval
If you're writing a new policy, or substantially revising one, please remember to give the community significant time to consider your proposal. See WP:PROPOSAL for the current best practice on advertising proposals.
|The above documentation is transcluded from Template:Policy/doc. (edit | history)
Editors can experiment in this template's sandbox (create | mirror) and testcases (create) pages.
Please add categories to the /doc subpage. Subpages of this template.