Template talk:ADF Leadership
|WikiProject Australia||(Rated Template-class)|
Too many 2 star officers
Currently this template includes deputy chief navy, army and airforce and a number of commanders of forces. The problem is it misses the navy systems commander, commander 1 div, commander special forces command which are all three of equal status as commander forces commander, air commander and commander aus fleet. There are also numerous other 2 star positions not mentioned see Senior Australian_Defence Organisation Positions. Perhaps it should only include 3 and 4 star positions???--TinTin (talk) 06:03, 7 April 2011 (UTC)
- Actually, the three Forces Commanders hold a higher position (if not rank) than the other two star positions. Limiting this template to the Deputies and the three Forces Commanders provides a good summary of the ADF leadership. It would go on forever if we listed all the Army two star positions! ;) --Oliver Nouther (talk) 06:10, 7 April 2011 (UTC)
- I wonder just how many "uniformed" 2 star positions there are?
- Stealing from Senior Australian Defence Organisation Positions, see below.
- P.S. Please correct the table.
- "Senior Australian Defence Organisation Positions" needs updating!
- It looks like there are about 30 two stars (?)
- It's too bloody hard to track them all down!!
- I had thought about adding all of them to the template, BUT a) It's too hard & b) It would be impossible to keep it current.
- Well, I guess that means that not only you two, but me third, all agree there are too many.
- ("So what?" I hear you reply. "We'd already come to that conclusion.") Cheers, Pdfpdf (talk) 12:01, 7 April 2011 (UTC)
- I'm afraid this is what one lets oneself in for by increasing the scope of this template, however well-intentioned that may be... ;-) When I created it (I think after discussion with Oliver or Pdf or both, it was a long time ago) it was deliberately restricted to CDF and the 3-stars. That kept it stable for quite a while. Now it's got some 2-stars, there's the risk that the flood gates will open... Cheers, Ian Rose (talk) 12:09, 7 April 2011 (UTC)
Table of ADF 2 stars @ April 2011
C? = May be a civilian position, not an ADF Joint position
Joint Warfighting Lessons and Concepts -
Jim Molan retired.
(i.e. double hatted)