Template talk:Andhra Pradesh
|WikiProject India / Andhra Pradesh||(Rated Template-class)|
Raikod is not a major city of Andhra Pradesh. I havent even heard of it.--Vyzasatya 22:09, 15 November 2005 (UTC)
Since this could be used potentially as the master template for other states, I believe that these pointers may be helpful.
1. The colour could be changed as it is dark and drab; it could be changed to the colour in Template:States and territories of India to maintain consistency.
2. Telugu People should lead to Category:Telugu people as lists are almost always difficult to maintain. e.g. The category has 156 names where as the list has lesser number, with some of them not even having articles.
3. Andhra Pradesh Topics should similarly lead to Category:Andhra Pradesh.
4. Same with Districts and major cities. If the categories are unavailable for these, either do not provide a link to them (ideal solution as all are listed on the template itself) or link them to Andhra_Pradesh#Districts and Andhra_Pradesh#Important_Cities.2FTowns respectively.
5. There should be clear criteria as to what makes something a major city. It could either be census figures or historical importance or commercial activity. The criteria should be spelt out on this page.
6. Someone may want to have a go at "History of Andhra Pradesh" to make the red link blue. I am tied for the present and can do it only after a month or so.
....last, but not the least, good work --> another worthy addition to the list of Telugu Wikipedians!! --Gurubrahma 10:30, 30 December 2005 (UTC)
- Hi Gurubrahma, I have changed the template per your suggestions. I have removed links to list of districts and cities. And changed people and topics to categories. I will update the criteria information little later. Thanks, Ganeshk 11:00, 30 December 2005 (UTC)
- I have added a criteria for a major city, a city with a population greater than 150k or if it is a district headquarters. - Ganeshk 06:06, 1 January 2006 (UTC)
Gajuwaka, L. B. Nagar etc.
While the above may be separate towns for census purposes, they are part of Vizag and Hyderabad respectively for all practical purposes and at best may be considered moffusil areas. For Hyderabad alone, we may have a separate template listing places like Serilingampalle and L. B. Nagar. All moffusil areas must be removed from template:Andhra Pradesh. --Gurubrahma 16:10, 3 January 2006 (UTC)
- I had no idea they were moffusil areas. I will check them up and fix it. - Ganeshk 17:58, 3 January 2006 (UTC)
- Thanks for the snipping. AFIK, kukatpalle, Malkajgiri, Quthbullapur and Serilingampalle are also moffusil areas of Hyderabad. Secunderabad can and shd obviously stay. --Gurubrahma 10:03, 7 January 2006 (UTC)
- Done! - Ganeshk 10:17, 7 January 2006 (UTC)
Andhra Pradesh or Telungana, Telungana supporter changed it. Dude still it is officially AP--Kurumban (talk) 01:45, 9 February 2011 (UTC) Changed back to AP--Kurumban (talk) 01:49, 9 February 2011 (UTC)