Template talk:Australian Broadcasting Corporation
|WikiProject Australia / Television||(Rated Template-class)|
A thought: instead of the links at the bottom, articles for each of the ABC's various divisions could be created and put there instead (News & Current Affairs and Television already exist, and there is room for Radio as well. There are some that probably wouldn't have enough information available - here are a few that could be included possibly, from .
- ABC Television
- ABC Radio & Regional Content (ABC Radio)
- ABC Innovation
- ABC News and Current Affairs
- ABC Commercial (ABC Enterprises?)
timgraham 12:30, 26 May 2007 (UTC)
- After thinking it through I've changed and expanded it to reflect this in line with templates for other broadcasters such as [Template:BBC]]. I can understand there might be issues with consistency given the scope of the ABC - covering both radio and television articles as this does - although I think it best reflects the nature of the ABC's structure rather than just focusing on radio and television. timgraham 13:05, 18 September 2007 (UTC)
In light of the recent changes/improvements I've made to the Australian Broadcasting Corporation and History of the Australian Broadcasting Corporation article's I think it might be a good idea to make some changes to how the navigation around ABC articles works.
Firstly, I'd make this template a somwhat smaller one providing broader links to articles on the ABC's various divisions are history. This template makes out that a lot of sections or departments of the ABC are actually divisions - there's a bit of a difference. This one has links to each of the actual divisions except for the 'communications' one (which is of relatively little signifigance) giving room for expansion on each one:
For articles relating to television I have this - it deals with things to do with the Television division..
For the articles on radio networks there's this, base around the Radio and Regional Content divison:
..and for Local Radio, there's this. There are a lot of red links, but I think a template like this is neccessary since there are a large number of local radio articles:
And finally, for the international services I've trimmed down the name of the International, Corporate Governance and Stategy to just ABC International (since that's all it relates to) and shifted the Australia Network/Radio Australia there:
The whole idea of this is so that it's more accurate - as it is now the template has the ABC's divisional structure completely wrong .. If anyone has objections it'd be nice if they could mention them sooner rather than later since this will no doubt take a while and I'd like to get under way. timgraham 04:53, 2 October 2007 (UTC)
- I totally agree Tim. However, in my opinion, it would be better to merge the contents from the ABC International template into their respective ABC Television or ABC Radio templates. This will allow for easier navigation for readers from ABC related articles, and give the templates a broader focus. However, other than this suggestion, your idea of separate ABC templates is great :). Stickeylabel 05:23, 2 October 2007 (UTC)
- It'd break the divisions thing though, although I suppose we could keep it as-is and throw RA/Australia Network in under the 'See Also' section. timgraham 06:12, 2 October 2007 (UTC)
- Brilliant idea:
timgraham 06:25, 2 October 2007 (UTC)