Template talk:Bach cantatas
|WikiProject Lutheranism||(Rated NA-class)|
Here's a navigation template for the Bach cantatas. Because I culled the links from List of cantatas by Johann Sebastian Bach with a script there are some quirks:
- Some links show up twice (e.g. 147/147a). The were listed twice in List of cantatas by Johann Sebastian Bach. These probably only need to be listed once in the template.
- A couple of links (191 and 192) point to generic hymn-pages and not Bach cantata articles. Is that OK for now?
- The link for 190, Singet dem Herrn ein neues Lied, redirects to List of compositions by Johann Sebastian Bach#Motets (225–231). That doesn't look right.
- The secular ones could be split off. My goal the first pass was to get all the links in.
- The spurious ones could be split off or even removed. Again, just getting all the links in on the first pass.
- The giant list of BWV numbers make for quick and easy navigation, but they might be unsightly for some. Should the default be "hide"?
That's it. Let me know if you have any feedback. Because I generated the page with a script, it wasn't as time-consuming as it looks, so feel free to be critical. DavidRF (talk) 05:11, 2 February 2008 (UTC)
- I disagree that the spurious should be removed. I never quite understood why some people seem to want to make navigation templates so small they cease to be useful as nav templates. If there's enough info on them they they'll have ok articles, then there's no reason a line with the spurious ones shouldn't be there. Definitely seperate into three catagories (sacred, secular, spurious) though. As for the 147/147a issue -- well I'm not so sure there, because someone who finds they have "147a" might wonder where it is...eh I'm not knowledgeable about this music to be sure there. ♫ Melodia Chaconne ♫ (talk) 11:53, 2 February 2008 (UTC)
Direction to titles rather than BWV numbers
The association of the BWV numbers to the first line of the Cantata they refer to (e.g. 106 = "Gottes_Zeit_ist_die_allerbeste_Zeit") functions well only for uniquely indentified works, but, unfortunately, JSB used the same texts for multiple works, so that for example BWV 3 and 58, as well as 61 and 62 will be undistinguishable in the future. Couldn't the pages actually be titled by the BWV number, as in BWV 58? Or should we create pages "(1)" and "(2)" for homonyms?
- I culled the information for this template from List of cantatas by Johann Sebastian Bach. It would be best to ask that question on the talk page there as the editors that monitor that page are the actual authors of the cantata articles. DavidRF (talk) 21:48, 7 January 2009 (UTC)
- I reverted the 31 July change. Looks like they're enhancing the base templates so that less work has to be done by us, but they didn't check to see if the refactoring actually worked.DavidRF (talk) 15:51, 15 November 2011 (UTC)
Spacing between "BWV Anh" and number
Please see my query at Talk:Entfernet euch, ihr heitern Sterne, BWV Anh 9#Spacing between "BWV Anh" and number. Thank you. 05:45, 26 January 2014 (UTC)