Template talk:CBS Georgia
A Georgia station or a Florida station?
I have to question whether to include WCTV here. Even though WCTV is licensed to Thomasville, for all intents and purposes it's a Tallahassee station. From what I remember in reading previous versions of their Web site, WCTV has NEVER had its main studio on the Georgia side of the market, so it has always considered itself a Tallahassee station.
In my book, WCTV is in the same category as a few other stations licensed in one state, but pretty much identify with another:
- WWOR-TV: Licensed in Secaucus, New Jersey since '83 and even has a studio there, but has always considered itself a New York station
- WPWR-TV: Licensed in Gary, Indiana, but considers itself a Chicago station
- WMYT-TV: Licensed in Rock Hill, but considers itself a Charlotte station (my hometown, so I know)
- WGTW-TV: Licensed in Burlington, New Jersey but considers itself a Philadelphia station
- KPDX-TV: Licensed in Vancouver, Washington but considers itself a Portland station
- XETV-TV: Licensed in Tijuana but considers itself a San Diego station
- WXIX-TV: Licensed in Newport, Kentucky, but considers itself a Cincinnati station
On that basis, I would argue that WCTV is a 100% Tallahassee station. Blueboy96 15:50, 14 June 2006 (UTC)