|WikiProject Stub sorting|
|WikiProject China||(Rated Template-class)|
Okay. We're all civil people, and we will calmly and rationally resolve the whole issue with the picture. I have to agree that the PRC flag should not be used on this template. What about this image from FreeCiv? Icon version of Great Wall of China -- AllyUnion (talk) 10:12, 6 Jan 2005 (UTC)
- fine with me. the dragon was also fine, but it was animated and didnt turn out right--Jiang 11:13, 6 Jan 2005 (UTC)
- I have no problem with the Great Wall (that symbol is, though I admit, somehow associated with the introversion of the Chinese)Dunshi
gK has pointed out whether or not this template should include everything that relates to Chinese, including things that might be considered Taiwanese. What does everyone else think? -- AllyUnion (talk) 10:12, 6 Jan 2005 (UTC)
- There's a Template:Taiwan-stub for Taiwanese topics. Maybe we can make Category:Taiwan-related stubs a subcategory of Category:China-related stubs. --Jiang 11:13, 6 Jan 2005 (UTC)
- The Taiwan stub has been created, but is not yet associated with any articles. It also doesn't yet have the Category:Taiwan-related stubs created.
All the "What image?" discussions were going on unbeknownst to me while I was busy trying to make a politically neutral image for Template:China-geo-stub. Please check the image I have used, to see whether it is suitable (if not, feel free to delete it and replace it with something better!) Grutness|hello? 03:08, 17 Jan 2005 (UTC)
- That character means 'middle'. I think it would be better suited to use the character for place or geography. Like maybe: 地方. -- AllyUnion (talk) 00:55, 5 Feb 2005 (UTC)
That's right, it does - it is the first character in both the name of Taiwan and of China. I considered using the second character 国 ("kingdom") of the name of ChinaPR, which would have been a far better choice, but I don't think it's part of the name of Taiwan. Also IIRC it means "centre" in a geographical sense (sort of "the point around which the world is based"). Grutness|hello? 03:18, 5 Feb 2005 (UTC)
The following explanation was placed with the tfd message on the template. I'm moving it here so that it doesn't appear on all articles showing the stub message:
Mmm - Doughnuts!
Seriously tho, while the new picture has the advantage of not being deleted any time soon, it still has the main disadvantage of the old one, namely that at the resolution of the icon, it's not readily recognizable. Caerwine 03:38, 23 October 2005 (UTC)
- I agree. It looks oddly out-of-place virtually anywhere.
-- Миборовский U|T|C|E 23:54, 25 October 2005 (UTC)
- I just came to this page to say the same thing. I came across the stub template in an article, and at first I thought some vandal had replaced China's image with that of a doughnut. Perhaps we could use a Chinese dragon? They're easy to recognize, and I bet there's an image which looks good when downsized... Bruno Ansarah 04:48, 24 July 2007 (UTC)