Template talk:DC Crisis Anthology
|WikiProject Comics / DC Comics||(Rated Template-class)|
I've reverted the changes of this NavBox to the point just after it was moved to this name. Please feel free to discuss, and hopefully come to a consensus. - jc37 18:00, 1 November 2007 (UTC)
Anything we can do about the styling? The earlier blue and gold  was a strong colour scheme but the latest one is even more so and is distracting. I'm more of a fan of keeping it close to the defaults with possibly some colour scheme adjustments - possibly some shade of red?
I also think having a left hand column (as was in the earlier version) helps reduce the height - that blue and gold versions seems to have more information in but less height.
Agreed and seconded. -126.96.36.199 16:38, 1 December 2007 (UTC).
What happened to the "Zero Hour buildup," "Zero Hour aftermath" and other such rows? It seems this template has been edited to include less information. Why? - — Preceding unsigned comment added by 188.8.131.52 (talk • contribs) 19:59, September 29, 2009
Given the lay out of the template, the terms "build up" and "aftermath" imply that the series either lead directly into or follow directly from the given "Crisis". That should be relatively straight forward. Some of the articles listed though are more a cased of "It was an event/arc published between X and Y but closer to on than the other."
The ones that seem to clearly belong are:
- History of the DC Universe - Follows directly from COIE to give the "new" universe's history.
- "End of an Era" - Thematically works with Zero Hour to the point that the ZH "markers" are plot elements.
- Countdown to Infinite Crisis - By name.
- The OMAC Project - Develops plot points stetting up Infinite Crisis.
- Rann-Thanagar War - Develops plot points stetting up InfC.
- Day of Vengeance - Develops plot points stetting up InfC.
- Villains United - Develops plot points stetting up InfC.
- 52 - Lays out some of the continuity changes from InfC as well as exploring some of the unresolved story points.
- World War III - An extension of 52.
- One Year Later - Not an arc, but a classification/marketing ploy. It still followed from the InfC continuity changes.
- Countdown to Final Crisis - By title
- Death of the New Gods - Develops plot points stetting up Final Crisis.
- Final Crisis: Rogues' Revenge - By title.
- Final Crisis: Legion of 3 Worlds - By title.
- Final Crisis: Revelations - By title.
- Batman: The Return of Bruce Wayne - Set up for by the final issue of FC.
Some are a varying shades of grey:
- Millennium - Dependent on a loose "the Guardians are moving on/retiering" sentiment from some of the COIE tie-ins.
- Identity Crisis - DC, through DiDio, places this as part of a "grand plan" that resulted in FC. In some ways it does act to set up The OMAC Project (ratcheting up Batman's paranoia) and Villains United (scaring the shit out of the costumed villains making the Society possible).
- "Batman R.I.P." - The story line dove tails into the end of FC, but it really doesn't set much up for FC.
- Faces of Evil - This was, again, a marketing ploy. It "reintroduced" a number of villains, but it is questionable how much of it was just to show the same old same old and how much was actually to show continuity changes from FC
- The Flash: Rebirth - Dependent on a single, although significant, plot point from FC. And that is mostly for the sotry's existence, not its content.
Some are unrelated to the Crises:
- Armageddon 2001 - While a time travel story, this did nothing to set up ZH.
- "The Death of Superman" - This just happened to be published before ZH but after COIE. It was unrelated to those stories.
- "Knightfall" - Same as "The Death of Superman".
- "Emerald Twilight" - Same as "The Death of Superman".
- The Final Night - This just happened to be published after ZH. The use of Hal Jordan does not make it a direct follow up to ZH.
- Day of Judgment - Same as The Final Night.
- Gotham Underground - Published close to FC, but aside from DiDio's comment about 3 Crisis a "grand plan" affecting the entire DCU it had no connection to setting up FC
- Salvation Run - Same as Gotham Underground.
I'm pulling the last 8, and I'm tempted to pull the middle 5 as well.