Template talk:David Attenborough
Hi, Just a brief note as I've done a couple of reversions. The Life Collection DVD box set does not include Life in Cold Blood. It may well appear in a future release, but it isn't part of the current one. To present it as part of the set when it isn't is wrong. Secondly, David Attenborough's name is linked already on every one of the pages in the box, so there is no need for duplication. Otherwise, it's well presented and a good addition to the articles. :-) Chris 42 13:33, 17 April 2006 (UTC)
Please see Wiki's MOS. A page is overlinked if it contains more than one link to the same article. DA's "Life" series is not known as "The Life Collection", that is purely the title of the DVD set. All major words within titles should be capitalised (hence "Other Work and Narrated"), and "Narrated" is spelled with one 'e'. Chris 42 13:40, 17 April 2006 (UTC)
- What's the harm in making David Attenborough a link. The boxes are a the bottom of the pages.
- And the link to DA is at the top, people will sooner click on it as when they have to go back to the top. Two links are better then one.
- And I know the life collection DVD box does not contain Life in Cold Blood but it is part of the series.
- And know the box has no link to that page. And then again we miss a chance in making a page more excessible. And sorry for my poor English.
Okay, I'll let you have the second link for DA as it's at the bottom of the page. However, "The Life Collection" is a no-no. If you search anywhere on the Internet with that term, the only results you will get link to the DVD set. The series of programmes has always been generically known by the BBC as The "Life" Series. There is a link to "The Life Collection" DVD set on DA's own article and those for each series that appears within the set, so we are not missing out on any links. And your English is a lot better than some I've come across! Chris 42 14:02, 17 April 2006 (UTC)
- Yes it is perfect now, let's leave it this way. At least the lay-out.
Yes, I think it's an improved layout as well. Thanks. :-) Chris 42 14:33, 17 April 2006 (UTC)
- I didn't design it, but as far as I'm concerned it makes no difference to the relevant articles whether the image is there or not. The important thing is that the original image remains within the David Attenborough article. Chris 42 11:38, 25 April 2006 (UTC)
I can only second that IM(nsH)O the usage of the book cover in this template does not describe the book itself and therefore goes beyond the border of fair-use provisions. Moreover it ought to be possible to replace it with a completely-free picture fo DA. -- Goldie (tell me) 21:57, 29 September 2006 (UTC)
- Have now changed it. Chris 42 17:10, 1 October 2006 (UTC)
- David Attenborough's filmography and radio output
- David Attenborough's series, features and programmes on television and radio