Template talk:Discrimination sidebar
|WikiProject Discrimination||(Rated Template-class)|
Very strange bias
It's quite biased that this template seems to push the views that anything connected with eating animals or raising animals as food is inherently evil, while any opposition to eating animals is inherently virtuous. It's not only propagandistic, but bizarre. AnonMoos (talk) 22:08, 6 September 2020 (UTC)
- I agree. Here a several definitions of discrimination (I simply copied them from the top Google results):
- Wikipedia: Discrimination is the act of making distinctions between human beings based on the groups, classes, or other categories to which they are perceived to belong.
- Amnesty International: Discrimination occurs when a person is unable to enjoy his or her human rights or other legal rights on an equal basis with others because of an unjustified distinction made in policy, law or treatment.
- American Psychological Association: Discrimination is the unfair or prejudicial treatment of people and groups based on characteristics such as race, gender, age or sexual orientation.
- Cambridge Dictionary: the treatment of a person or particular group of people differently, in a way that is worse than the way people are usually treated
- UK government: It is against the law to discriminate against anyone because of: age; gender reassignment; being married or in a civil partnership; being pregnant or on maternity leave; disability; race including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin; religion or belief; sex; sexual orientation
- The CDC lists the following types of discrimination: Age Discrimination; Disability Discrimination; Sexual Orientation; Status as a Parent; Religious Discrimination; National Origin; Pregnancy; Sexual Harassment; Race, Color, and Sex; Reprisal / Retaliation
- Stanford Encyclopedia of Philosophy: as a reasonable first approximation, we can say that discrimination consists of acts, practices, or policies that impose a relative disadvantage on persons based on their membership in a salient social group.
- None of them mention animals or species. -- Chrisahn (talk) 10:00, 9 October 2020 (UTC)
- This is being discussed in Template talk:Discrimination § Discrimination includes all forms of discrimination, human or non-human. Please post your views there. Thank you. Rasnaboy (talk) 10:11, 9 October 2020 (UTC)
Discrimination includes all forms of discrimination, human or non-human
See the discussion on this topic at the talk page of the alternate template, Template talk:Discrimination § Discrimination includes all forms of discrimination, human or non-human. Rasnaboy (talk) 10:05, 9 October 2020 (UTC)
There's no such thing as "Reverse racism"
Since racism is a form of discrimination over one's race, there could not be no "reverse" racism. I think the article "Reverse racism" itself is anti-white people discrimination, because it legitimizes the theses racism being a form of discrimination against non-white people by white people. — Preceding unsigned comment added by 22.214.171.124 (talk) 13:09, 20 October 2020 (UTC)