Template talk:FIFA World Cup
|WikiProject Football||(Rated Template-class)|
My proposal new "group6 = "World Cup" organize by FIFA" and his list "list6 = FIFA World Cup · FIFA Women's World Cup · FIFA Confederations Cup · FIFA international tournaments for youth football: FIFA U-20 World Cup, FIFA U-17 World Cup, FIFA U-20 Women's World Cup, FIFA U-17 Women's World Cup. · Club football: FIFA Club World Cup. · Football variants: futsal FIFA Futsal World Cup, beach soccer FIFA Beach Soccer World Cup." Need some fix but is a add of information.--Feroang (talk) 01:28, 14 April 2011 (UTC)
- And add the same Others WC seccion to the others templates involves in: Template:FIFA Women's World Cup, Template:FIFA Confederations Cup,Template:FIFA Club World Cup, Template:FIFA U-17 Women's World Cup, Template:FIFA U-17 World Championship, Template:FIFA U-20 Women's World Cup, Template:FIFA U-20 World Cup/Championship--Feroang (talk) 01:59, 14 April 2011 (UTC)
I reconstructed the template, by separating all links sorted under "Other articles" into three subgroups. That list was becoming too long already, and the alphabetical order was making it appear as an indiscriminate collection of articles on wildly diverse topics standing on very different levels of importance for the World Cup. My three subgroups are: (1) topics that are (in my opinion) most important, basic, and directly associated with the FIFA World Cup; (2) lists providing statistical data on the performances of teams and individual players in the finals and qualification; (3) less relevant topics, like broadcasting rights, awards, pop-culture, etc. Permanent link is available here. --Theurgist (talk) 06:24, 23 December 2011 (UTC)
- That wasn't the question. Walter Görlitz (talk) 15:05, 20 May 2014 (UTC)
- The question was related to Walter Görlitz (talk) 23:00, 20 May 2014 (UTC) adding the 2014 tournament on 2012-06-21T03:04:28. I understand your position, but it seems that the consensus (of silence) is that if there's an article about a future tournament, it should be added here for purposes of navigation. What do other editors think about when to add links to future tournament articles?
- It could be moved to the miscellaneous section as 2026 bidding process. Walter Görlitz (talk) 23:01, 20 May 2014 (UTC)
- Or it could be left in the bids section, which is where it's currently already linked. Walter Görlitz (talk) 23:02, 20 May 2014 (UTC)
Countries without absences
The following countries do not have any absence in this tournament: Germany, Argentina, Belgium, Brazil, Scotland, Spain, United States, France, England, Italy, Mexico, Netherlands, Russia, Serbia, Sweden, Switzerland, Uruguay. If do not participate as teams, bring referees. And all these countries are present from 1930. --126.96.36.199 (talk) 11:11, 4 December 2013 (UTC)
In total are 24 countries. This is so: The following countries do not have any absence in this tournament: Argentina, Austria, Belgium, Brazil, Chile, Czech Republic, England, France, Germany, Hungary, Italy, Mexico, Netherlands, Peru, Portugal, Romania, Russia, Scotland, Serbia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, United States, Uruguay. If do not participate as teams, they bring referees. And all these countries existed in 1930. --188.8.131.52 (talk) 15:13, 11 December 2013 (UTC)
- That is nothing true. In total are 23 countries. This is so: The following countries do not have any absence in this tournament: Argentina, Belgium, Brazil, England, France, Germany, Italy, Mexico, Netherlands, Russia, Serbia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, United States, Uruguay, Australia, South Korea, Nigeria, Scotland, Wales, Northern Ireland, Egypt. If do not participate as teams, they bring referees. And all these countries existed in 1930, that's the name of game.
- What is your purpose of posting this? Template:FIFA World Cup doesn't mention countries without absence, and I see no reason it should. Are you making a suggestion for another page? I would usually assume "no absence" refers to teams and not referees. PrimeHunter (talk) 23:55, 23 December 2013 (UTC)
- If you are suggesting changes to a page then please say which one. This page is meant to discuss Template:FIFA World Cup. I oppose any mention of countries with no absences there, whether counting teams or also referees. PrimeHunter (talk) 15:43, 24 December 2013 (UTC)
Semi-protected edit request on 10 October 2015
|This edit request has been answered. Set the
- Not done: as you have not requested a change.
If you want to suggest a change, please request this in the form "Please replace XXX with YYY" or "Please add ZZZ between PPP and QQQ".
Please also cite reliable sources to back up your request, without which no information should be added to, or changed in, any article. - Arjayay (talk) 18:17, 10 October 2015 (UTC)