- The following discussion is an archived discussion of a requested move. Please do not modify it. Subsequent comments should be made in a new section on the talk page. Editors desiring to contest the closing decision should consider a move review. No further edits should be made to this section.
The result of the move request was: not moved. DrKiernan (talk) 14:57, 3 November 2012 (UTC)
Template:Grimm → Template:Grimm (TV series) –
- match the main article Grimm (TV series) and distinguish it from the Grimm fairy tales TV series itself is based; which would be the normal expectation for such a title. 220.127.116.11 (talk) 13:30, 25 October 2012 (UTC)
- The template also includes "Brothers Grimm" and "Grimms' Fairy Tales", and unless there is another template by the name Grimm that is wanted, there is no need to move this one. Template names do not need to be identical to one of the article names they are used on. Apteva (talk) 18:26, 25 October 2012 (UTC)
- It should redirect to Template:Brothers Grimm -- 18.104.22.168 (talk) 03:57, 26 October 2012 (UTC)
- Those are two different templates. I am confused. You want to change the name of this template and now want to change this to a redirect? Both templates seem fine as they are. Templates can have any name, within reason, and just need to be unique, and easy to use. Apteva (talk) 02:17, 29 October 2012 (UTC)
- I want to change this template's name. The title "Template:Grimm" would be best served as a redirect to Template:Brothers Grimm, but that's a second discussion, though you asked what should be done with the title "Template:Grimm". I do not want to change this template to become a redirect, since it's about the TV series, and the other template is not. As for matching the name of the article, since Grimm isn't the topic of this template, it should match its base article, as a basic means of identification of the scope of the template, its base article, and what shouldn't be added to the template if someone wants to expand it (as it is "Grimm" can be a very expansive template, if you expand it, by putting the TV series into a subnav, such as how many templates have grown due to their unbound naming). -- 22.214.171.124 (talk) 06:21, 30 October 2012 (UTC)
- Oppose nothing to disambiguate from per WP:PRECISION. TBrandley 05:54, 26 October 2012 (UTC)
- This isn't an article, that doesn't apply. Indeed, since it's a template, it should be self documenting, so should match the main article's naming. -- 126.96.36.199 (talk) 10:33, 26 October 2012 (UTC)
- Week oppose being in template space means its not a name any reader is likely to see. Current name does not seem to cause problem for editors.--Salix (talk): 09:03, 2 November 2012 (UTC)
- The above discussion is preserved as an archive of a requested move. Please do not modify it. Subsequent comments should be made in a new section on this talk page or in a move review. No further edits should be made to this section.