Template talk:Jews and Judaism
You may be looking for Template talk:Jews and Judaism sidebar.
|This template is of interest to the following WikiProjects:|
The leadership section begins with top historic figures (Hillel, Shammai, Yehudah haNasi, Saadia Gaon and ends, bizarrely, with Michael Lerner. Whatever his significance, Michael Lerner is dwarfed by such unlisted leaders as David Saperstein or Avi Weiss, to name just two. —Anomalocaris (talk) 19:26, 25 November 2013 (UTC)
Still messed up. Many of the Rabbis were very important, (like RASHI), but weren't exactly the leaders of their respective strains of Judaism in their time. Furthermore, many more important leaders are left out. I'm patching it up now. Yserbius (talk) 04:29, 6 September 2015 (UTC)
(talk) 19:26, 24.01.2015 2013 (UTC) MShabazz I have added very important things Related to Jews and Judaism, and edited the Template. I have worked really hard for it. To me it's seems very relevant and Necessary to add all of these, they provide a much broader vision on this vast subject. Perhaps it is necessary to divide it into 2 - one Jews and the other Judaism. Moreover, it seems to me that you are stalking me and cancel everything that i Writing, I can not feel that you are harassing me, please stop it. There was no reason to cancel half the things you undid to me, it's ridiculous and alienating. — Preceding unsigned comment added by DaoXan 14:06, 25 January 2015 (UTC)
- @DaoXan: please don't accuse other editors of "stalking" you when they are only reverting your sweeping changes of this template. You may have good ideas for improving the template, but you MUST gain consensus first. PLEASE READ WP:CONSENSUS and then you can propose a page rename, or work out what you think should be included in each subsection, or whatever else you think would benefit this template. BUT YOU MUST GET CONSENSUS FIRST. Yoninah (talk) 20:06, 28 January 2015 (UTC)
History section to first section?
Should the History section be the first section of the template instead of the 14th? That feels right to me, but I work from a sense of history so that viewpoint comes from within that particular mix. So throwing it out there as an idea and discussion point. Randy Kryn 1:37, 27 March 2016 (UTC)
- I think that suggestion makes sense. I would even go as far as to let you move around all sections into a more logical order. Make a bold edit, referring this section, and if other editors will see reason to further tweak the result, all the better. Debresser (talk) 18:02, 27 March 2016 (UTC)
Removal of ethnic groups
Several ethnic groups were removed recently, as usual for the removing editor without any prior discussion, on the flimsy basis that the template is not a [[History of Jews in ..]] template. That is however not a reason to not mention whole ethnic groups of Jews. Especially since for example Kurdish Jews could easily be replaced by Kurdish Jews, and likely others as well. Debresser (talk) 04:25, 15 June 2016 (UTC)
- As usual this user acts like a jerk. I put kurdish jews in the template in the first place.--Monochrome_Monitor 09:31, 22 June 2016 (UTC)
- There's also no rule saying every edit has to be discussed on a talk page.--Monochrome_Monitor 09:32, 22 June 2016 (UTC)
- Thanks for calling me a jerk (WP:NPA violation). Since you don't WP:OWN this template it is utterly irrelevant who added Kurdish Jews. That was just one example, in case you don't understand the difference between an example and an argument. In any case, you had nothing substantial to say regarding the fact that you removed ethnic groups for unclear reasons and without discussion. I suppose you don't have anything to say, since it was another one of your poor choices. Also, you violated WP:BRD which says that if your edit is reverted, that is a sure sign you should discuss (by the way, who is the jerk after that?). Best proof is that your revert was promptly undone by an uninvolved editor for precisely that reason. On a final note, not every edit has to be discussed, but see WP:CAUTIOUS, that major edits should be discussed. Debresser (talk) 16:47, 22 June 2016 (UTC)