Template talk:Jimi Hendrix
This template survived a discussion on TfD. See Wikipedia:Templates for deletion/Log/2006 February 13. -Splashtalk 01:07, 23 February 2006 (UTC)
I'm about to make a very large reformatting to this template so that it can actually be used. I'll explain the changes here:
- Firstly, this template needs to be about Jimi Hendrix, not just the Jimi Hendrix Experience. That way, this template can encompass everything.
- The template will now be based off the Grateful Dead's template because of an excess of information. The categories will be Bands, Personnel, Discography, Songs, and Related articles.
- Bands Hendrix has been in are at the top, and bands that Hendrix's bandmates have been in without Hendrix are listed below in small text.
- I put all of the people that have ever been a bandmate of Hendrix there instead of listing all of the bands' members, as that would cause an unnecessary amount of repeating links.
- The discography is arranged by original, posthumous, and anticipated releases in an attempt to keep those time periods distinct from each other.
- I wasn't sure how to do the songs, so I just put all of the Hendrix songs with Wikipedia articles down roughly in chronological order. Feel free to reformat them.
- I didn't know too many related articles, so again feel free to reformat and add related articles.
That's all. Hopefully, Hendrix will get the template he so overwhemingly deserves.
- Nice bit of work there. I could see the songs were in some approximation of chronological order, but there are so many that it was kind of unusable, so I've gone ahead and arranged them alphabetically instead. Cgingold 23:07, 25 July 2007 (UTC)
- Having just come here wondering how Valleys of Neptune can be listed twice and Electric Ladyland not at all, I'll point out a problem. At first glance this template appears to be for all things Hendrix. If it is going to be for his 'solo' work, it should be so named and cleaned up further. If this is really for his 'solo' work why are the other band members listed? In any even it needs to be put on a diet. All the compliations belong in a list somewhere, if there isn't one already and link to that instead, that would be a large improvement. --J Clear (talk) 01:35, 10 March 2010 (UTC)