Template talk:Latin kings of Alba Longa family tree
I have removed Jerald W., but have not restored Allodius, or more correctly Alladius, because this template already includes Romulus Silvius. The name of the twelfth king of Alba was EITHER Romulus Silvius (Livy) OR Acrota (Ovid) OR Alladius (Dionysius). Pasquale 18:43, 7 December 2006 (UTC)
- If the three names all refer to the same person, perhaps redirects should be set up. —Angr 20:02, 8 December 2006 (UTC)
- Angr, I went for Romulus Silvius (Livy) over Alladius (Dionysius) in the template for two reasons: (1) The template already seemed to favor Livy over Dionysius because it listed Atys (Livy) rather than Capetus (Dionysius) as the king between Alba and Capys; (2) Romulus Silvius (Livy) already has an article while Alladius (Dionysius) does not. Anyway, this is just a schematic template. The article Latin kings explains everything. My main concern was (1) to remove Jerald W. (in place of earlier Alladius), the result of the vandalism I reported, which you don't comment about; and (2) remove the additional generation in the tree caused by the previous insertion of Alladius between Romulus Silvius and Aventinus, when in fact Alladius (Dionysius) occupies the same place as Romulus Silvius (Livy) in the sequence. Pasquale 22:44, 8 December 2006 (UTC)
Sidbar to collapsable family tree
I have made a series of edits.
- The first major edit (14:40, 14 October 2017) converted this sidebar template into one that could reside on the side or as a collapsible bar which is more common for family trees.
- I then went through the links in article space and moved them all down into their own sections in the collapsed bar format. This proved to clean up a lot of articles particularly those that were stubs or start articles.
- I also converted the table in the article Kings of Alba Longa (diff) to use this table. That should help to make sure that any changes made to this template's content are viewed by more people and it will keep the two in synchronisation (as there is now only one copy).
- I then simplified the header code in this template so that it no longer supports the sidebar code (15:17, 14 October 2017).