- The following is a closed discussion of a requested move. Please do not modify it. Subsequent comments should be made in a new section on the talk page. Editors desiring to contest the closing decision should consider a move review. No further edits should be made to this section.
The result of the move request was: moved. Consensus existed for a move, and the proposal takes into affect the entire discussion and reflects a rough consensus. (non-admin closure) TonyBallioni (talk) 00:52, 8 April 2017 (UTC)
Template:List of military decorations of the Third Reich → Template:Military and paramilitary decorations of Nazi Germany – (1) Military --> Military and paramilitary, as some of the forces listed in the template are paramilitary; (2) the Third Reich --> Nazi Germany, per WP:NPOV & WP:COMMONNAME. K.e.coffman (talk) 22:58, 31 March 2017 (UTC)
- They are not all combat decorations, so I disagree with using that term. It is not something to can be tied so neatly in a bow, as the current title is not 100% correct, either. The War Merit Medal, being an example. Other thoughts? Kierzek (talk) 23:39, 31 March 2017 (UTC)
- How about List of military and paramilitary decorations of Nazi Germany? This would align with the lead in Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross, for example. K.e.coffman (talk) 23:41, 31 March 2017 (UTC)
- I like that one better; I would like to hear some input from other editors. Kierzek (talk) 23:56, 31 March 2017 (UTC)
- Comment why is this called "list"? The articles being linked are not lists. Template: combat decorations of Nazi Germany or somesuch would be the proper way to name a template -- 126.96.36.199 (talk) 09:01, 1 April 2017 (UTC)
- Comment are you intending to move this to Template:List of combat decorations of Nazi Germany instead? Pppery 16:17, 1 April 2017 (UTC)
- The current proposal, taking into account the feedback above, would be Template:Military and paramilitary decorations of Nazi Germany (this also takes care of the "List of" issue, and I added "Template" -- thanks for pointing this out). I updated above for clarity. K.e.coffman (talk) 16:25, 1 April 2017 (UTC)
- Support - The term "Third Reich" has ideological baggage - it was adopted by the Nazis to provide legitimacy to their government by retroactively renaming the Holy Roman Empire and the German Reich as Reichs one and two. The term has been used for a long time as a synonym for "Nazi Germany" in English but has largely passed from common usage in German, (a move generally considered appropriate by German historiographers). The suggestion from K.e.coffman is a good choice.-Ich (talk) 17:40, 1 April 2017 (UTC)
- The above discussion is preserved as an archive of a requested move. Please do not modify it. Subsequent comments should be made in a new section on this talk page or in a move review. No further edits should be made to this section.