Template talk:Sikhism sidebar
In Africa, the largest concentration of Sikhs is in East Africa, specially in Kenya. There is a need to correct the relevant country list and regional segment.
I am new to Wikipedia, so I won't make the edit myself yet. However, could somebody put the correct symbol for Sikhism. It is Ekonkar (the first word/letter in Guru Granth Sahib) and not the so called Khanda which is adopted only recently and is mistakenly taken as the symbol of Sikhs.
I definitely agree with the above statement, I think the symbol should be changed to en onkar as it has not been done so already.
Hi HariSingh, hope you don't mind my changes. I felt the template was a bit overwhelming so I've removed a lot of the entries and done some formatting. Feel free to add bits back as needed. I will look at the template in my depth when I get the time. Sukh | ਸੁਖ | Talk 17:32, 9 September 2006 (UTC)
The article mentioned above, Sikh extremism, has now improved substantially, and it may be worthwhile re-including in in the tamplate. Given my lack of knowledge in the area I will leave that decision to other editors. DJ Clayworth (talk) 16:15, 10 November 2008 (UTC)
- In my opinon, this is not directly related to Sikhism (Sikhi) as a religion. Sikh extremism is just a minority stance followed by some people who misinterpret the great Sikh religion (which is actually the most modern major religion). This link is better suited for Template:Sikh politics or some other template. Best, Dave. 22.214.171.124 (talk) 17:20, 10 November 2008 (UTC)
I don't mind either way, but I don't see the reason why the Khanda had to be replaced with the Ik Onkar; both are legitimate symbols of Sikhism, but the Khanda is the more-recognized symbol of the Sikhs worldwide (and its express purpose is to be a symbol) as it appears on the Nishan Sahib and symbolizes both the Sikhs' faith and history; its purpose is to be a symbol, as opposed to the Ik Onkar, which is more a tenet of Sikhism. There's been a trend implying that Ik Onkar is a "truer" symbol than the Khanda, or that it is too warlike or disingenuous or whatever; I strongly disagree and would like to see this changed. I am not saying that the person who made the change has such motives (quite contrary), but the Khanda is a symbol in the true sense.3swordz (talk) 23:58, 31 May 2010 (UTC)
- Please dont attack a user personally and stick to the topic. I fail to see how your image is better than mine and at the point you seem to be the only one objecting it as my image has been up their for some quite some time. Having a gradient, shadows, or outlines isnt against Wikipedia and if they help to show where the sword is in context to the chakrum they should defiantly be used. Jujhar.pannu (talk) 17:40, 17 June 2013 (UTC)
Based on your other edits it seems that you are degrading the Sikh topics rather than improving them. I dont think it anyone could say that that could be drawn with a crayon perhaps your confusing the images? Jujhar.pannu (talk) 05:51, 18 June 2013 (UTC)
- Look dude, you are degrading the current image. But it's obvious you took that image, imported it into Photoshop, added a few filter effects like shadow, gradient etc. Just leave it alone and stop degrading all the Sikh articles with your nonsense unless you have sources to cite the information you are presenting — Preceding unsigned comment added by 126.96.36.199 (talk) 17:20, 18 June 2013 (UTC)
- This Khanda (on the left) is the original one as I made the shape in Photoshop and the other is copied from this one (not the previous http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/archive/7/71/20130618163031%21Khanda.svg, note the sword in the center)
- I have cited more than 250 different sources in the past month so I know about citing sources I have made mass changes to the History of Sikhism article so If you think that I am degrading all the Sikh articles you are obviously wrong.
- I dont know how you can even manage to set me up as a vandal but any changes I made to this templete eg the moving image, were made before there was anything here on the talk page and once they were disagreed with I did not add them back so please remove the temporary templete protection request as that would halt progress on this templete including changes to the links, not just image, contained in the template. Thanks Jujhar.pannu (talk) 20:03, 18 June 2013 (UTC)
I am not posting my art here man dont you have anything better to do this is such a small issue and if your gonna try to convince someone that by making an image look better they are doing vandalism - destruction of property than idk im lost for words and dont want to say anthing bad cause im not that type of dude anyways this isnt about me and no one else seems to want to post their view here so.. have a nice day appreciate your alive healthy your eyes are working thats all I can say. lol I could imagine you trying to argue no im not gonna have a nice day, but this isn't a forum and i've written quite enough sorry for any one doing something serious that they had to read this. Jujhar.pannu (talk) 03:33, 20 June 2013 (UTC)
- Show me the Nishan Sahib over a Gurdwara that looks like your vandalized Khanda 188.8.131.52 (talk) 22:51, 23 June 2013 (UTC)