Template talk:Split to
|WikiProject Articles for creation||(Rated Template-class)|
- 1. Go to View history.
- 2. Go to bottom of page. It should look something like this:
* (cur | prev) 11:55, 6 May 2009 Username (talk | contribs) . . (573 bytes) (+573) . . (created page) (thank)
- If the word "prev" is black (no link), then you're at the right spot.
- If the word "prev" is blue, then:
- Go to "oldest" (located at bottom of page).
- Return to step #2.
- 3. Go to the time and date of the first edit (in the above example, "11:55, 6 May 2009").
- 4. The URL address that now appears in your browser's address bar is the permanent link for the first edit. Happy editing, -- -- -- 02:58, 28 August 2015 (UTC)
Greetings, template experts!
I'm a newbie, and I'm wise enough to say so, so pardon me if I'm doing things the "wrong" way or seem to be out of place. I'm trying to learn all I can and practice techniques in my own userspace before attempting to do things in the "real world" and inadvertently causing a big stir, as newbies are wont to do. :-)
I'm soliciting comments from folks familiar with this template and with Template:Split from about how these tools were intended to be used and what their correct usage should look like. This is essential for a discussion we're having on how to properly split an article, and intend to properly update WP:SPLIT to reflect what we've learned. I think I'm not the only one who's a bit confused about how this template is to be used and what the final result should look like.
I'm actually an old computer geek, myself, and pretty good at writing documentation, so I can certainly help there ... but where we're weak is understanding specifically what the template is calling for. All contributors to these and related templates are welcome, so we can have a full understanding and agreement on complex and important issue.
Thanks in advance for your help and comments!
Request for parameters
I think it would be helpful to add parameters "from_oldid" (ID of the page revision of the source page from which the text was copied) and "to_oldid" (ID of the page revision of the destination page before the text was copied - not applicable when the text was copied into the first revision of the destination page) so that the template should read: