|This is the talk page for discussing improvements to the Sufism template.
- I was thinking the same thing . But then it will become too long & thin . May be we should make it horizontal (like that of yoga), then it will be easy to add more sections/links to it . Cheers .F.a.y.تبادله خيال /c 15:37, 6 January 2006 (UTC)
Can anyone with sufficient knowledge of the subject look into some of the modern sufis listed here? A lot of names have been added, mostly by unregistered IPs, and I'm not sure they're notable or important enough to be on the template. --Bluerain talk 15:30, 7 April 2007 (UTC)
I want the name of great sufi of this time, Hazrat Muhammad Ilyas Attar Qadiri, to be added in the category of Modern Sufis. No doubt, his services for Islam are great. —Preceding unsigned comment added by Howan maen sag (talk • contribs) 05:02, 12 June 2009 (UTC)
I added the name of two Early Sufi which Henry Corbin has mentioned them in history of Islamic philosophy. One of them Ahmad Ghazali is a notable sufi and brother of Abu Hamid Ghazali. The other one is Hakim Termazi.--Seyyed(t-c) 15:53, 13 November 2007 (UTC)
There is a mystic approach among Shia which is known as Irfan. The followers of this approach are usually clerics and they don't follow any Sufi order. But they usually have commentary about the ideas of Ibn Arabi especially Fusus al-Hikam. Even one of them who is alive, Allame Hasan Zadeh Amoli, has added a chapter to Fusus al-Hikam. Hossein Nasr explain about them in his book "Sufi Essays". Corbin has also described them in history of Islamic philosophy. I want to make a new part for them and call it Irfan Shi'i.--Seyyed(t-c) 16:06, 13 November 2007 (UTC)
- These are their names:
- Sayyed Heydar Amuli, a notable commentator of Fusus
- Mulla Sadra, the founder of Transcendent Theosophy
- Mulla Hadi Sabzevari
- Ayatollah Shahabadi commentator of Fusu
- Allame Qazi
- Ayatollah Khomeini, He has spoken about his ideas in Tafsir Sura Fatiha, Sir al-Salat and 40 hadith.
- Allameh Tabatabaei who has written his idea in Kernel of the Kernel
- Allame Tehrani, he is the coworker in writing Kernel of the Kernel
- Allame Hasan Zadeh Amoli, He has added a chapter to Fusus and named it "شرح فصّ حکمة عصمتية في کلمة فاطميه".
- Yes, we should do something like this. It is important to highlight the Irfan tradition in Shi'asm. However, many Shi'ahs feel that Irfan is a separate tradition from Sufism, and quote hadith about the Imams (AS) cursing Sufis (these however were heretical Sufis). I am unsure if we should spark this controversy. --Enzuru 15:56, 13 November 2007 (UTC)
- Also remember however, the Irfani tradition does not exist in Zaidism nor Ismailism, but rather Ismailism simply interacted with Sufis such as the Nimatullahi order, which the Ismaili Imams such as the Aga Khan III were members of. So, while a Sufi tradition may exist in this groups, an Irfani one does not, so we can't apply the "Shi'ah" label to them, but only the Twelver one. --Enzuru 16:09, 13 November 2007 (UTC)
With a little help from a more experienced editor I have altered the template so that it will allow a swith, "|state=collapsed", which will present the nav box in the collapsed state on infividual pages. It has been applied to Khwajagan. __meco (talk) 13:04, 2 January 2008 (UTC)
Deletion by random IPs
There has been random deletion by random IPs without sufficient reason. This should be noted and prompt action should be taken against such actions. —Preceding unsigned comment added by Syedzidane (talk • contribs) 18:04, 10 September 2010 (UTC)
The point of listing "notable" figures is that not all individuals with articles on Wikipedia are included; only those considered to be the most relevant and/or famous. This template is in some serious need of trimming.MezzoMezzo (talk) 09:55, 23 December 2012 (UTC)
- Is anyone interested? Can we work out some sort of criteria by which the most notable figures are determined? MezzoMezzo (talk) 10:06, 9 February 2013 (UTC)
- @MezzoMezzo: How about only including those that have started one of the Sufi orders mentioned in the template? - HyperGaruda (talk) 17:58, 7 November 2015 (UTC)