Template talk:Symbiote Family and Hosts
|WikiProject Comics / Marvel / Spider-Man||(Rated Template-class)|
Category: Comic book templates
This template is currently in the category Comic book templates, as it should be. However, it looks like every link in this template has also been added to the same category. I tried to fix the tag at the end, but it hasn't solved the problem. Could somebody please fix this template, so that everything included in it, is not placed into the wrong category? Fortdj33 (talk) 19:24, 10 December 2009 (UTC)
Colors: Please review WP:COLOR for issues dealing with accessibility and color use. Nutshell: Do not use color combinations that make any part of the template hard or impossible to read. Not only for you, but also for others. Of the recent schemes proposed:
- Black and white - Since the "Hide/Show" and v-d-e links cannot have their color changed, using a black background makes them all but invisible. This is not acceptable.
- Lavender (#b764d4) - Effectively hides "followed" links and it comes close with the "unfollowed" links. Again, this is unacceptable.
Content: It really looks like we are engaging in overkill and jargon. In general:
- "Earth-###" should be avoided. "Marvel" and "Ultimate Marvel" are preferable.
- Avoid non-articles (redirects that target sections) about un-produced material - ie the Venom film.
- Avoid "What If...?" and alternate future articles. This would mean removing:
- Frank Castle
- Normie Osborn
- Mayday Parker
- Kron Stone
- Benjamin Richard Parker
- Peter Parker (under Carnage)
- Norrin Radd
- Gwen Stacy
- Ultimate Marvel characters should be a separate section, if they have separate articles.
- We shouldn't have multiple links in the template pointing to the same article - such as 2 pointing to Venom or 3 pointing to Symbiote
- By the material at the link, "Payback" does not belong here at all.
- It maybe a good idea to it back to listing the variants in one section with the notable host in parentheses.
- Magazine titles should be italicized. Story arc titles should be in quotes.
- "The Black Suit" is at best an informal title for a section of the Spider-Man publication history. It shouldn't be here.
- TV - Pointing to episodes by title is fine, including the series isn't.