Template talk:The Grim Adventures of Billy & Mandy
|WikiProject Cartoon Network||(Rated Template-class)|
|WikiProject Television||(Rated Template-class)|
|WikiProject Animation / American||(Rated Template-class)|
Here to talk about the template. I deleted Pandora from the "school kids", because she appeared in only one episode and isn't a normal kid, and cleared the red links. I added list of Grim's objects and the episode list. I've tried to fix colors, but I can't do much about the template itself. -- Henk65 19:22, 10 June 2006 (UTC)
- I created this template. I wanted to use these colors. I'm switing thems back. Secondly, This is exactly what I did NOT want people to do! The List of episodes does NOT need to be listed by the name of the episode in the template. Use the numbers. Divide them up into seasons! Characters and Objects are in so much disarray, it looks like Eris herself composed them! There are three different articles about Mandy. Why is this not on ONE page.
- So here is what is going down, I'm going to change the color scheme back on this template. I'm going to break down the charcters page and remove the redirects to the List page, even if the characters only appeared once. And I'm going fix this problem. DON'T TOUCH ANYTHING UNTIL I'M FINISHED! --Bushido Hacks 22:13, 10 June 2006 (UTC)
- Ok... you're the master -- Henk65 22:29, 10 June 2006 (UTC)
- Wait, I have a better Idea. Since individual characters only occur durring one episode, they should be listed on the episode page. How about that for a plan instead? --Bushido Hacks 23:05, 10 June 2006 (UTC)
Episode listings complete.
Characters still need reorganization. I'll take care of that tomarrow. --Bushido Hacks 01:40, 11 June 2006 (UTC)
Setting some rules
I don't want to seem like a pompus dictator of how things should be organized, but I have a few ideas that can be used as rules for how to organize information for this show.
I was looking at the page for Neon Genesis Evangelion and saw how they listed the distribution of the anime to other countries. I think it would seem kind of awesome to list the names of this show (which do vary in other countries and languages). I know for certain that this show is also seen in Brasil, Chile, Argentina, much of Latin America, Europe, Austrailia, and in some parts of the Far East.
1 If possible
2 A list of episodes that the character appeared in. Embedded into the character box, if provided.
3 Unless the episode has a significal plot relevant to the character detail.
4 A minor character that appears frequently should appear on the show at lest five times.
5 A minor character that appears rarely should appear more than once.
6 Rare minor characters should be listed on the page listing all the other minor characters that make rare appearances.
7 Minor characters that only appear in one episode should be listed in the episode they appear in.
8 There is no need to do this since the character is being listed on the page for the episode they appeared in. On the other hand, if the character is significant to the story line or other characters, they may have thier name listed on the list of characters in the template. For example, Pandora only appeared once in the series, yet her significance sheds incredible insight relevant to Mandy's character.
I'm thinking of a character box similar to that of the ones used for comic book characters (example: Raven (comics)) or anime characters (example: Asuka Langley Soryu). Just abot most of the main characters have relatives (something that is documented in both comic book and anime characters) and because this series is in other languages. Voice actors for other languages are listed in many anime and cartoon character profiles.
The naming of the episodes for this series is OK. It's better to list episodes in whole parts with whole numbers (1,2,3,...) than it is in segments (1a,1b,1c,2a,2b,...). So as far as the naming goes, everything is good.
A List of Episodes is good for using as an index. I think to improve this, a description column should be added, similar to the one used in the List of Teen Titans episodes. This by no means is a subsitute for the episode pages that are already established for Billy and Mandy. I was hoping that the people who worked on the Teen Titans episode page would have made pages for each episode, especially since some of the episodes revovle around the story and character development of the main characters.
I would like to see a system similar to how South Park lists their episodes (example: "Die Hippie, Die") or how some music albums are listed (example: Wish You Were Here by Pink Floyd). I'm thinking of a sidebar that combines both a sequence and a list. Stay tuned.
Most items do not need to be listed in this seires. However there are some exceptions.
- If they only appear in one episode, they should be listed in the episode they appeared in.
- Items that appear regularly should appear on the list of items.
- Items frequently used or worn by the character should be posted with the character's profile. Grims scythe does not belong on the items page because it is a part of Grims character, much like the black headband, pink blose with flower logo, and Mary Jane shoes are a part of Mandy's character.
- Living items or items that are brought to life count as characters. Their role should be determined be the table that is listed in the above section for listing characters. Qualifying body parts is defintely a case-by-case decision. Mandy's Nerve may count as a character because of its significant to character development and because it is sentient (self-aware). Billy's nose may not count as a character even though it grew legs in one episode and because Billy's nose is a part of Billy's appearance.
- Items that appear once or are used as plot devices in only one episode should be listed on the episode they appear in. Thromabular from the episode "Wishbones" qualifes as a living object or guest character. Either way, It belongs on the "Wishbones" page.
- Items used as frequent plot devices and appear more than once, but are not associated with any one significant character or group, should be listed on the list of items page.
- Items used as a frequent plot device, appear more than once, and are associated with single character or group should be posted with the character or group it belongs to. The Apple of Discord belongs to Eris and appears in several episodes so it should be listed on Eris' profile page. Pandora's Lunchbox belongs to Pandora. Because Pandora only appeared one episode, so did the lunchbox. Therefore, the lunchbox should appear with Padora's profile which should be listed on the page for the episode "Pandora's Lunchbox".
- I think we can now delete the list. I'm not 100% sure, but every single item on that page appeared in only one episode, or is a part of the character, like Grim's scythe. But I think that this is the best way -- Henk65 14:40, 12 June 2006 (UTC)
I got a note saying that I claimed ownership of an article. I don't recall implying that. Obviously, most of the contributions to the template have been revised dramatically, but it does matter. No one can own The Internet, even the person who sent me the note should know that. I just wanted to clear that up so that no one sends me anymore notes saying that I called dibs on a public webpage that I don't own. --Bushido Hacks 04:40, 16 April 2007 (UTC)