Wikipedia talk:WikiProject Wikipedia Awards
|Please do not nominate users for awards here. Instead, please be bold and give an award to the user you have in mind using the templates listed on pages such as WP:*, WP:WPPA, WP:ORA and WP:PUA. Thanks!|
|This is the talk page for discussing WikiProject Wikipedia Awards and anything related to its purposes and tasks.|
|Archives: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23|
|The content of Wikipedia:Barnstars 2.0 was merged into Wikipedia:WikiProject Wikipedia Awards on 4 April 2012. That page now redirects here. For the contribution history and old versions of the redirected page, please see ; for the discussion at that location, see its talk page.|
|A Wikipedia ad has been created for this project page. Click [show] to view it.|
|This project page was previously nominated for deletion. Please review the prior discussions if you are considering re-nomination:
|To help centralise discussions and keep related topics together, the talk pages for all Barnstar 1.0 related pages and many template talk pages redirect here.|
|This talk page is automatically archived by MiszaBot II. Threads with no replies in 30 days may be automatically moved.|
Barnstar proposal: SAARC
I propose Barn Star BarnStar of SAARC for users who have made important and extraordinary contributions to SAARC
So sorry, I just noticed the instructions to get consensus before adding a new barnstar to the list. The Cascadia Barnstar is presented for discussion. The barnstar idea originally was discussed on the Cascadia Wikimedians User Group mail list earlier this month as an award for the stub contest, that could be awarded for that and other Cascadia-related contributions. Other Wikipedians who were involved in its execution include Happybluemo. — Brianhe (talk) 06:00, 29 August 2015 (UTC)
- Support Just out of curiosity, Brianhe, what constitutes a Cascadia-related contribution? Any article related to WA/OR/BC/NorCal, or specific topics? LavaBaron (talk) 16:33, 31 August 2015 (UTC)
- Oppose - There simply aren't enough Cascadia articles. Achowat (talk) 03:57, 9 September 2015 (UTC)
- Support There is no "minimum number of articles" requirement for the addition of a new barnstar. MarnetteD|Talk 13:15, 10 September 2015 (UTC)
- Yeah, I wholeheartedly disagree. It would be a little ridiculous is every set of 10 articles had their own award. Simply put, I don't see any value to creating an award for such a narrow list of articles. (Also of note, we don't have any indication as to what makes an article a Cascadia article). Achowat (talk) 04:34, 11 September 2015 (UTC)
So, those of you who Watchlist WP:STAR probably saw the disagreement MarnetteD and I had over whether some WikiProject Awards (specifically Autism, Feminism, Disability, and Women's History) should be listed both there and on WP:WPPA. And, well, WP:BRD. I removed them for two main reasons: 1. Redundancy (and, specifically, by listing some, but not all, WikiProject Awards on WP:STAR, I fear a push for every single WikiProject to want to get their award on the "Big, Important Page") and 2. That there was never any consensus to add them to that page at all (I remember the Disability and Autism discussions; nothing like that was ever mentioned). So I'm hoping to build a consensus around the idea that awards that are specifically WP:WPPAs (their description referencing only work with a WikiProject) should not be listed twice. Achowat (talk) 08:48, 10 September 2015 (UTC)
- To put it simply barnstars are for fun. They are a way for editors to acknowledge each others work. They are all equal in value. To claim that some belong on the "Big, Important Page" and others don't misses these facts. They have been in one place for at least a decade and this makes it far easier for editors to access them. Editors should not have to search for different pages to find them but if the consensus is to split them to separate pages then it should be made abundantly clear, at the top of the page, in prose, that there are barnstars available that are not seen on this page. Any separate pages should also be added to the hatnote at Barnstar. MarnetteD|Talk 13:12, 10 September 2015 (UTC)
- I agree that none of the awards pages are any better or worse than any other, and I think listing some WikiProject Awards here and others on a separate page could lead to that belief. But the idea that they are in only one place is simply not true. They are kept at no fewer than six pages. The consensus, simply put, already exists. And I don't know what evidence you have that people are having a hard time finding the other five pages. But I'd be more than happy if an explanation of WikiProject Awards and Barnstars of National Merit, perhaps in the 4th graph. Achowat (talk) 04:32, 11 September 2015 (UTC)
Proposal for: Editor Tip-Of-The-Day barnstar
Greetings, I propose the Editor Tip-Of-The-Day Barnstar with the following descriptive text:
The Editor Tip-Of-The-Day Barnstar may be awarded to those editors whose contributions of new tips and improvements to existing tips have helped guide the Wikipedia editor community with relevant and useful information.
The Wikipedia:Tip of the day department and the Wikipedia:Tips library are undergoing major updates and cleanup. After viewing a number of barnstars, thought to ask here for another (expert) editor to create a TOTD barnstar. The existing graphic image, [[File:Simple light bulb graphic.png]] (larger) could be placed in the center of one of those barnstar blanks. It's been a long time since I've done any graphics, so if another editor could create, that would be great! I joined Wikipedia in the spring of 2014 and recently active with TOTD. Once completed, I would like to award this barnstar to other editors who are contributing. Also, once this TOTD barnstar is available it might encourage additional editors to join the project.
- Like Template:Tip of the Day Barnstar, currently listed on the main page? Achowat (talk) 16:57, 30 September 2015 (UTC)
- Hi @Achowat:, Yes - exactly! Thanks . No need to reinvent the wheel...
Editor awards - topic for November 12 Tip-Of-The-Day
Deletion to Quality Award
I've created the WP:Deletion to Quality Award.
Please see Wikipedia:Deletion to Quality Award.