Template talk:Toronto FC squad
|WikiProject Football||(Rated Template-class)|
Since I was making squad templates for six or seven other MLS teams, I thought I'd set up a future template for Toronto. There's already a coach announcement, so I figured I'd put that in, add placeholders, and get the colors together. Bill Oaf 21:24, 1 September 2006 (UTC)
- I added a little note to explain why there is so few players on the template. Now that there are a few players, we can put it into use. Agreed? sʟυмɢυм • т • c 19:22, 19 November 2006 (UTC)
- Agreed. Bill Oaf 04:12, 20 November 2006 (UTC)
Sort / Reserve players
Noticed that the players have been re-sorted (by number). I had updated the roster and sorted them alphabetically, which seems easier to use. However, is there a protocol about this? Also, I see that Desmond Humphries has been removed. I added him since he played in the reserve game on Saturday, 12 May. My assumption is that he is on the TFC roster. Also, not sure about the protocol for using this discussion format. Slknowles 15:35, 14 May 2007 (UTC)
- You did the right think by bringing up the edit here.
- The squad list is for the first team, so reserve team players such as Humphries should not necessarily appear. The same for Frank Bruno, who should stick to panto ;) The club article suggests that just 28 players can be used for the MLS season: 18 normal + 10 developmental. There are 27 listed on the club article, which does not identify wheter they are normal/developmental. Perhaps it should.
- As for sorting, the only precedent is to have the squads sorted by number, if they have a number. I originally wanted the squad lists to be sorted by name, but bowed to consensus to have it sorted by number. Sʟυмgυм • т • c 18:36, 26 May 2007 (UTC)