|This article relies too much on references to primary sources. (April 2008) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Templeogue College C.S.Sp
Coláiste Theach Mealóg
|Templeogue, Dublin 6W
|Motto||In Virtute Scientia
(Knowledge through virtue / Education Rooted In Values)
|Number of students||650|
|Religious institute||Holy Ghost Fathers|
The Latin motto of the school is In Virtute Scientia ('education rooted in virtue') and the principal is Aoife O' Donnell, assisted by Eddie Guilmartin.
There are 650 pupils and 42 teachers. The school rugby team (colours are red and blue) has reached the finals of the Leinster Schools Junior Cup twice, in 1980 and 1985, however, they were not successful. In 2002, a team visited South Africa, the first state school in Ireland to do so.
In 2005, the Irish Times listed Templeogue College as one of the top 25 non-fee paying schools in Ireland, based on the proportion of students going on to university. The school is on the R112 road and is served by Dublin Bus routes 54A, 15A, 15B, 49, 150, 74/A, and 65/B.
|This section does not cite any sources. (November 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
- Lorcan Dempsey, Vice President and Chief Strategist of OCLC
- Diarmuid Gavin, award winning gardener TV personality
- Morgan Kelly (Irish economist), Professor of Economics at UCD
- Conor McPhillips, Connacht and Irish Sevens Rugby Union player
- Eoghan O'Gara, Gaelic footballer, Dublin inter-county team
- Malcolm O'Kelly, former Irish international rugby union player
- Mick Pyro, lead singer of the band Republic of Loose
- Rob Rogers, League of Ireland referee
- Rob Smith, indie musician and singer-songwriter
- Patrick Sullivan, footballer with Cork City Football Club