List of temples in Lahore
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
(Redirected from Temples in Lahore)
|Temples in Lahore
|Elevation||217 m (712 ft)|
|Time zone||PKT (UTC+5)|
|Lahore Cantonment is a legally separate military-administered settlement.|
|Part of a series on|
In 1941, 64.5% of the population of Lahore was Muslim and about 36% was Hindu or Sikh.
Only Krishna mandir and Valmiki mandir are two functional Hindu temples in Lahore.
- Krishna Mandir, Lahore at Ravi Road,
- Valmiki Mandir, Lahore or Neela Gumbad Mandir, only functional temple in lahore besides Krishna temple
- Akbari Mandi Temple
- Arya Samaj Mandir
- Bhairav ka asthan, Ichra
- Bal Mata temple at Shah almi
- Chand raat temple,Ichra Lahore
- Doodhwali Mata Nandir (between Shah Almi and Lohari gate)
- Loh mandir (son of Lord Ram–Lahore is named after him)
- Mahadev, there is a Bhairav temple also
- Mandir Wachhowali
- Mela Ram Talao Mandir
- Model Town B Block Temple
- Model Town D Block Temple (not in use)
- Ramgali Temple
- Sheetla mandir
- Jain Shwetambar Temple with Shikhar, Thari Bhabrian Lahore City
- Jain Digambar Temple with Shikhar, Thari Bhabrian Lahore City
- Jain Shwetambar Dada Wadi (Mini Temple), Guru Mangat in Lahore Cantt., Foot Prints in stone
- Jain Digambar Temple with Shikhar, Old Anarkali (Jain Mandir Chawk): This temple was destroyed in the riots of 1992, in response to Babri Masjid incident in India. ()
- "National Dialing Codes". Pakistan Telecommunication Company Limited. Retrieved 28 August 2014.
- "Forced Migration and Ethnic Cleansing in Lahore in 1947, Ishtiaq Ahmed, 2004" (PDF). Retrieved 24 April 2012.
- Only two functional Hindu temples in Lahore
- One Hindu temple in Lahore, and no crematorium Archived 1 July 2006 at the Wayback Machine.
- "Hindu, Sikh temples in state of disrepair". Daily Times. 16 April 2004. Retrieved 24 April 2012.
- "Hindu Temples of Pakistan". Shaivam.org. Retrieved 24 April 2012.
- http://voiceofdharma.com/books/mla/ap41-49.htm Temples and Gurdwaras in West Punjab
- "TEPA to remodel roads leading to Jain Mandir Chowk". Daily Times. 1 June 2007. Retrieved 24 April 2012.
- "South Asia | Demolishing history in Pakistan". BBC News. 5 December 2002. Retrieved 24 April 2012.
- LIST OF JAIN TEMPLES IN PAKISTAN Archived 27 September 2007 at the Wayback Machine.
- Gurudwara Prakash Asthan Sri Guru Ram Das Ji (Lahore) Archived 5 December 2010 at the Wayback Machine.
-  Archived 3 November 2007 at the Wayback Machine.