|Launched||November 21, 2005|
|Owned by||Frederick Morton Jr.|
|Slogan||Feel de Vibe|
|Formerly called||MTV Tempo|
Tempo Networks is a pan-Caribbean television channel broadcasting the music and culture of the Caribbean. Programming includes music videos, news, dramas, and documentaries addressing all aspects of Caribbean life. Musical genres broadcast include Reggae, Soca, Dancehall, Ska, Calypso, Chutney, Chutney Soca, Reggaeton, and Punta rock. Although programming is largely in English, TEMPO seeks to bring together the English, Spanish, French, and Dutch cultures of the Caribbean into one united Caribbean.
The station broadcasts on Cablevision in the New York Metropolitan Area (Channel 1105), and reaches over 3,500,000 viewers in the Caribbean. It streams live over the internet 24 hours a day.
Tempo was launched by MTV Networks in 2005. In conjunction with the launch of Tempo, MTV Networks hosted a concert series entitled "Caribbean Rising". It featured performances by more than eighty artists across several different musical genres including reggae, dancehall, reggaeton, soca, quelbe, hip hop, and calypso. The tour featured performances by mainstream artists such as Rihanna, The Game, Musiq Soulchild, Elephant Man, Wyclef Jean and Ivy Queen, among others.
- Badness Outta Style
- Cross Caribbean Countdown
- Downtown Island
- Inside the Rhythm
- My TEMPO Trip
- Pull up Selecta
- Rise & Shine
- TEMPO Live & Direct
- TEMPO Presents: Artists, Events, and Music Video Making-ofs
- Westwood Park
- HUSH 2
- The Black Moses Pindling
- Between Friends
Major events hosted by Tempo include the "Tempo Turns" events, concerts held throughout the islands and United States, which draw tens of thousands attendees from around the world. TEMPO Turns 6 was held at Six Flags / Great Adventure in Jackson, New Jersey.
TEMPO has carried out several socially conscious campaigns, including the Badness Outta Style school tours, One Love / Haiti, and TEMPO Water.
Additional projects include TEMPO Bookings, connecting Caribbean artists with event planners, and the TEMPO Web Store. It has also worked with tourist boards throughout the region, including those of Antigua, Trinidad & Tobago, Grenada, USVI, Barbados, and Turks & Caicos.
- American Airlines
- Bahamas Telecommunications Company
- Cable & Wireless
- VP Records
- Becker, Anne. MTV Networks Sells Tempo. Broadcasting & Cable: December 7, 2007.
- "The Wait is Over: New Caribbean Channel Tempo Launches on November 21, 2005". PR Newswire. PR Newswire Association LLC. November 21, 2005. Retrieved May 2, 2016.
- "MTV Networks Heralds the November Launch of Caribbean Channel Tempo with 'Caribbean Rising' - an Exciting Series of Concerts Across the Region". Finanz Nachrichten (in German). October 6, 2005. Retrieved May 2, 2016.
- Atlanta Post - How he Built it: Frederick A. Morton, Founder of Caribbean Media Company TEMPO Networks
- New York Times - Selling the Caribbean from the Island of Newark
- NJ Monthly Magazine - Island in the City
- Newark Star Ledger - Newark Entrepreneur Creates TV Station Devoted to Caribbean Content
- Montclair Times - Montclair Man Preps to Launch Caribbean Television Station in the U.S.
- Trinidad and Tobago Guardian - TEMPO Networks Gears Fifth Anniversary
- Cable & Wireless Caribbean - Partnerships : MTV Tempo - Press Release
- Is MTV Losing Tempo?