Tempo Reale located in the historical villa owned by the Strozzi family of Florence
|Focus||music research, production, and education|
|Subsidiaries||Tempo Reale Festival|
|Address||Via Pisana 77 - Villa Strozzi, 50143 Florence (Italy)|
Tempo Reale is an electronic music research, production, and educational centre, based in Florence, Italy. It was founded by composer Luciano Berio, who served as the centre's director from 1987 to 2000, and as honorary president until his death in 2003. The centre has celebrated its 25-year anniversary in 2012.
Notable collaborators with Luciano Berio
- Giorgio Battistelli (Italian composer)
- Henri Pousseur (Belgian composer)
- David Moss (American composer and percussionist, founder a director of Institute for Living Voice in Antwerp)
- Renzo Piano
- Vaccari, Franco; Fagone, Vittorio; Dehò, Valerio; and Nicoletta Leonardi. Exhibitions in Real Time, Damiani, 2007. ISBN 978-8889431825
- Cresti, Renzo; and Eleonora Negri. Florence and the Italian music of the late twentieth century: trends in art music of Florence, Florence, LoGisma, 2004. ISBN 978-8887621433
- Galante, Francesco; and Nicola Sani. expanded Music: electro tracks of the millennium, Milan, Ricordi, 2000. ISBN 978-8875925376
- Giomi, Francesco. "Florence Tempo Reale, Fast Forward", Florence, n. 3, Florence, 2010.
- Giomi, Francesco, et al. "Live electronics in Luciano Berio's music", Computer Music Journal, vol. 27 n. 2, Massachusetts Institute of Technology Press, 2003. ISSN 0148-9267
- Rizzardi, Veniero; and Angela Ida De Benedictis. New music on the radio: experience at the University of Milan 1954-1959 phonology RAI, RAI-ERI, 2000. ISBN 978-8839711427