Tempo Records (UK)
Tempo Records was an independent British jazz record label.
This label had two periods of activity. In the late 1940s and early 1950s Tempo re-released a series of discs of recordings made c. 1930 for Paramount and a series of discs of musicians working in the revivalist idiom recorded for the marque.
From about 1955, after the label was sold, modernists such as Jimmy Deuchar, Tubby Hayes, and Dizzy Reece were recorded. The last recording session took place in late 1960, and the label was shut down.
- Freund Schwartz, Roberta (29 April 2016). How Britain Got the Blues: The Transmission and Reception of American Blues Style in the United Kingdom. Routledge. pp. 30–. ISBN 978-1-317-12094-0. Retrieved 28 September 2018.
- Gordon, Edmund (2017). The Invention of Angela Carter: A Biography. Oxford University Press. pp. 43–. ISBN 978-0-19-062684-6. Retrieved 28 September 2018.
- www.78rpmcommunity.com The 78rpm Community: Tempo Records Complete Catalogue, February 1952 Archived 8 June 2014 at the Wayback Machine
- Collar, Matt. "The Complete Tempo Recordings: 1955-1958 - Jimmy Deuchar". AllMusic. Retrieved 28 September 2018.
- Jurek, Thom. "The Complete Tempo Recordings 1955-59 - Tubby Hayes". AllMusic. Retrieved 28 September 2018.
- Porter, Christopher (1 October 2004). "Dizzy Reece: Progress Report - JazzTimes". JazzTimes. Retrieved 28 September 2018.