Temporal Analogues of Paradise
|Temporal Analogues of Paradise|
|Live album by Jonas Hellborg|
|Recorded||November 27, 1995 at Fasching in Stockholm, Sweden; November 28, 1995 at Rackis in Uppsala, Sweden; December 3, 1995 at Quasimodo in Berlin, Germany; December 4, 1995 at Centre Musical Créatif de Nancy in Nancy, France; December 7, 1995 at Le New Morning in Paris, France|
|Jonas Hellborg and Shawn Lane chronology|
2004 remastered edition
Temporal Analogues of Paradise is an album by bassist Jonas Hellborg, with guitarist Shawn Lane and drummer Jeff Sipe, released in 1996 through Day Eight Music; a remastered edition was reissued through Bardo Records in 2004. It was recorded live at different locations in Sweden, France and Germany during the trio's extensive touring in 1995 and 1996.
Totally improvised, though still achieving a distinct musical dynamic and structure, the album marks a "headsplittingly magnificent" (Mac Randall, Musician Magazine) reference peak in rock/fusion history, not only through astounding technical virtuosity, but especially through an exploring, emotional flow of ideas that the artists are able to communicate, individually and as a group.
As acknowledged by the musicians themselves "Temporal Analogues of Paradise" is probably the most representative recording of the group.
All tracks written by Jonas Hellborg and Shawn Lane.
- Jonas Hellborg – bass, mixing, production
- Shawn Lane – vocals, guitar
- Jeff Sipe – drums, percussion
- Timmy Fagerlund – engineering
- Scud Noonan – mixing
- "Performances". LaneWiki. 2008-09-26. Retrieved 2012-07-02.
- Anderson, Rick. "Temporal Analogues of Paradise - Jonas Hellborg". Allmusic. Rovi Corporation. Retrieved 2012-01-29.
- Bailey, Michael. "Jonas Hellborg, Shawn Lane, Jeff Sipe: Temporal Analogues of Paradise (2003)". Allaboutjazz.com. Retrieved 2012-08-10.
- Binder, David. "Temporal Analogues of Paradise by Jonas Hellborg". Jazzreview.com. Retrieved 2012-08-10.
- Jenkins, Todd S. "Hellborg/Lane/Sipe (Apt. Q258): Temporal Analogues of Paradise (2003)". Allaboutjazz.com. Retrieved 2012-08-10.
- Dworkin, John. "Hellborg/Lane/Sipe (Apt. Q258): Temporal Analogues of Paradise (2003)". Jazzreview.com. Retrieved 2012-08-10.
- Jenkins, Mark (3 January 1997). "Hellborg's Paradise: Ecstatic Times". The Washington Post. Retrieved 2012-08-10.
- "Customer Reviews: Temporal Analogues of Paradise". Retrieved 2012-08-10.
- "More Customer Reviews: Temporal Analogues of Paradise". Retrieved 2012-08-10.
- Bardo Records. "Temporal Analogues of Paradise - Details". Retrieved 2012-08-10.
- In Review: Hellborg/Lane/Sipe "Temporal Analogues Of Paradise" at Guitar Nine Records