Tempt, Tease and Touch
|Tempt, Tease and Touch|
|Fragrance by Sugababes|
|Label||The Perfume Shop|
|Tagline||"tempt, tease, touch..."|
"Tempt", "Tease" and "Touch" are three fragrances created by English pop girl group Sugababes. Each perfume and its design were created to represent the group's final line-up Amelle Berrabah, Heidi Range, and Jade Ewen and their music. The fragrances feature a variety of flavors, including fruity and floral scents.
Released in September 2010, Tempt, Tease, and Touch are available in black, pink, and silver or grey flacons respectively; the products were available exclusively at The Perfume Shop at the time of its release before later being sold in selected retailers. The tagline "tempt, tease, touch..." and the silhouettes of the three girls were used for promotion and packaging. Each fragrance was sold separately in 100 and 150 milliliter bottles and in gift sets.
The perfumes were primarily promoted through blogs and giveaways. They received reviews from bloggers, but negative reviews from critics.
Sugababes announced the launch of their own fragrances in August 2010, it was announced that the group were launching their own fragrances, with each member having an individual scent. Prior to the release, the group members discussed the decision to release their own signature fragrances their involvement in their creation. Amelle Berrabah stated "We were really hands on with the development of these three scents." Heidi Range said the perfumes were intended for women to wear "for different occasions and for different times of the day" and "they are not specific to each of us." In an interview with Press Association, the group said they had input with the scents and ingredients and the packaging; they said the decision to release three separate perfumes was to appeal to more consumers and reflect each of their own personal preferences.
Jade Ewan further discussed the aim of each product was creating scents that can be worn in various time and situations:
We created three fragrances so that you can mix and match depending on how you feel, if you are going out to a party and want a bit of the party glam then Tease is definitely a great scent to wear. The zesty lemonade ingredient will help you to stand out in a crowd and if you are going on a first date then Tempt is beautiful as the rose and musk emulates warmth, leaving a waft of sultry aroma wherever you go.
Packaging and scent
Tempt's scent is noted for "its vigorous fruity floral bursting with Zesty Iced Tea and the astounding scent of Purple Orchid" and it is described as being "in tune with the Sugababes vibe." Tease's scent is identified as " full of passionate tempo, an intoxicating cocktail of zesty lemonade and juicy pear with luscious jasmine seductive magnolia." Touch's scent is said to start "with a blast of cranberry and lychee and the intensity of violet and rose ensure that the pulse keeps pounding."
Tempt, Tease, and Touch are packaged in black, pink, and grey bottles; they are all composed of two round parts with one being the body of the bottle and the other as the ball cap. Each scent is equated to some aspect of the Sugababes' music, with Tempt being the "vibes of the group," Tease being "the passionate tempo," and Touch being "an olfactory representation of Sugababes’ pulsing beat."
Promotion and release
In September 2010, Tempt, Tease and Touch were exclusively released in The Perfume Shop. The fragrances were released to selected retailers two weeks later. They were one of the first releases following The Perfume Shop's contract to open in-store branded perfume shops in Superdrug stores alongside Peter Andre's fragrances.
To promote the perfumes, Sugababes host several online giveaways of one set from the collection. They also used a photo competition, stylized through the tagline "Show us your most tempting, teasing and touching photo," throughout the end of October and the beginning of November as another way to give away free products.
- All of the three fragrances were sold in the following product formats
- 100 ml/ 3.4 oz
- 150 ml/ 5.1 oz
- Shimmering Body Gel 150 ml/ 5.1 oz
In the first weeks of its release, Sugababes sent out a free bottle of one of the three fragrances to beauty and fashion bloggers. Tempt's scent received positive reviews from bloggers. Lady Danger of ladydangermakeup said the perfume has "a bit of a mature edge to it" that makes it more "versatile" than other more floral scents; Dainty Dollymix named Tempt "a lovely perfume and a nice addition to my collection!" and added that it became a part of her daily routine. Blogger Leanne of Do Not Refreeze criticized Tease's pink packaging as "a little childish," but praised its scent as "a potent aphrodisiac."
- Copsey, Robert (2010-08-25). "Sugababes to launch fragrances - Music News - Digital Spy". Digital Spy. Hachette Filipacchi Médias. Retrieved 2012-02-25.
- Cole, Rob (2010-09-21). "Sweet Smell Of The Sugababes' New Scents". Sky News. Retrieved 2012-02-25.
- Press Association (2010-09-21), Sugababes launch perfume trio, retrieved 2016-02-03
- "OK! Magazine: First For Celebrity News :: Beauty :: Sugababes tempt, tease and touch with not one but THREE fragrances". OK! Magazine. 2010-10-06. Archived from the original on 8 October 2010. Retrieved 2012-02-25.
- NST Perfume (2010-09-17), Sugababes Tempt, Tease & Touch ~ new perfumes, retrieved 2016-02-03
- Osmoz. "OSMOZ, Tempt, Tease, Touch's Sugababes". www.osmoz.com. Retrieved 2016-02-03.
- "Sugababes Tease, Tempt and Touch with new scents". My Daily. 2010-09-22. Retrieved 2012-06-10.
- "The Perfume Shop opens shop-in-shop concept in Superdrug". www.cosmeticsbusiness.com. Retrieved 2016-02-04.
- "Tempt, Tease, and Touch: Smell Like A Sugababe! (Giveaway)". MuuMuse. Retrieved 2016-02-03.
- "WIN 1 of 3 Sugababes Fragrances! - Closed | MakeupSavvy - Makeup And Beauty Blog". www.makeupsavvy.co.uk. Retrieved 2016-02-04.
- "'Tempt, Tease and Touch' Photo Competition - Sugababes Fragrances | Facebook". www.facebook.com. Retrieved 2016-02-04.
- Danger, Lady (2010-11-10). "Lady Danger Makeup: Sugababes Fragrances : Tempt Review". Lady Danger Makeup. Retrieved 2016-02-03.
- "Dainty Dollymix UK Beauty Blog: Sugababes Tempt Perfume Review". www.daintydollymix.com. Retrieved 2016-02-03.
- "Win Sugababes 'Tease' Eau de Toilette! » Do Not Refreeze - Food, fun and lipstick". Do Not Refreeze. Retrieved 2016-02-04.
- 3am. "Oh look, the Sugababes have bottled the smell of desperation". mirror. Retrieved 2016-02-03.