Temptation of Wolves
|Temptation of Wolves|
|Revised Romanization||Neukdaeui yuhok|
|McCune–Reischauer||Nŭkdae ŭi yuhok|
|Directed by||Kim Tae-kyun|
|Produced by||Cha Seung-jae
|Written by||Kim Tae-kyun|
|Based on||Temptation of Wolves
|Music by||Lee Hoon-seok|
|Edited by||Ko Im-pyo|
Temptation of Wolves (Hangul: 늑대의 유혹; RR: Neukdaeui yuhok; also known as Romance of Their Own or True Romance) is a 2004 South Korean film directed by Kim Tae-kyun, and based on a novel of the same name by Internet author Guiyeoni. Starring Jo Han-sun, Kang Dong-won and Lee Chung-ah, the film is about an average high school girl who moves from the countryside to Seoul after her father's death only to become involved in a love triangle with the two most handsome and popular guys in town.
2,189,453 admissions made it the 9th highest grossing Korean film of 2004.
From her appearance to her mannerisms, it is easy to tell that Jung Han-kyeong (Lee Chung-ah) is a country girl. After her father's death, she comes to Seoul to live with her mother (Kim Bo-yeon), planning to attend Kang-Shin High School. However, her life in Seoul is a series of mental and physical shocks. On the bus, a slipper is thrown randomly at her head—but her problems don't end there. The guy who threw the slipper is none other than Ban Hae-won (Jo Han-sun), the most popular guy at her school, and everywhere he steps, girls trail behind. Seeing Han-kyeong's pitiable and adorable nature, Hae-Won falls for her.
The leader of Sung-Kwon High, Kang-Shin's neighbor and rival, is named Jung Tae-sung (Kang Dong-won), and he, too, has feelings for Han-kyeong. Despite his shy, adorable face, Tae-sung has strong fists and endless obstinacy. A fight that handles both pride and love begins between the two, and neither of them is prepared to back down. But Tae-sung has a secret, one that forces him to love Han-kyeong in spite of himself, and Han-kyeong, ignorant of this, tries to do her best to be gentle with both of them. Eventually, Tae-sung leaves Han-kyeong's side, and later, Han-kyeong and Hae-won learn of his secret.
- Jo Han-sun ... Ban Hae-won
- Lee Chung-ah ... Jung Han-kyeong
- Kang Dong-won ... Jung Tae-sung
- Jung Da-hye ... Da-reum
- Kwon Oh-min ... Han Joo-ho
- Lee Chun-hee ... Yoo-won
- Lee Ji-hee ... Lee Bo-jung
- Song Chae-min ... Yoo Jae-hee
- Kim Ha-eun ... Lee Na-yoon
- Ahn Hyeong-jun ... Kim Dae-han
- Do Yong-gu ... Han-kyeong's stepfather
- Jung Hye-young ... Young Han-kyeong
- Shin Tae-hoon ... Young Tae-sung
- Chun Ho-jin ... Tae-sung's father
- Kim Bo-yeon ... Han-kyeong's mother
- Nam Jung-hee ... Han-kyeong's grandmother
Awards and nominations
- 2004 Korean Film Awards
- Best New Actor – Kang Dong-won
- Best New Actress – Lee Chung-ah
- Nomination – Best New Actor – Jo Han-sun
- Nomination – Best Music - Lee Hoon-seok
- "Commercial Releases in 2004: Ranked Box-Office Results". Koreanfilm.org. Retrieved 2015-05-14.
- "Romance of Their Own - Awards". Cinemasie. Retrieved 2013-07-28.