|Genre(s)||Massively multiplayer online role-playing game|
Temtem is a massively multiplayer online role-playing game (MMORPG) developed by Spanish development studio Crema, and published by Humble Bundle. The game was released in early access through Steam on January 21, 2020, and PlayStation 5 on December 8, 2020 with the Nintendo Switch and Xbox Series X/S versions of the game scheduled to release in 2021. The game uses the Unity development engine, and is a creature-collection video game greatly inspired by Nintendo's Pokémon series. The game was partly funded through the crowdfunding platform Kickstarter, from May to June 2018.
Synopsis and gameplay
Temtem's gameplay is largely inspired by the Pokémon series. Players explore the area capturing the eponymous Temtem creatures and command them in battles against other Temtem controlled by an NPC or another player.
In the game, players assume the role of a novice Temtem tamer who starts their journey around the six floating islands of the Airborne Archipelago while facing the threat of Clan Belsoto, an evil organization that plans to take over the islands by force.
Temtem is developed by Crema, a Spanish game development studio. The game was first announced on crowdfunding platform Kickstarter in May 2018, with an initial fundraising goal of €61,000. Temtem was launched on Steam's Early Access on January 21, 2020.
On August 6, 2020, it was announced that Temtem would be released on PlayStation 5, Xbox Series X, Xbox Series S, and Nintendo Switch in 2021. On October 26, 2020, it was announced that the game would be releasing in early access on PlayStation 5 on December 8, 2020.
- Andrades, Guillermo (October 28, 2020). "Temtem makes its console debut exclusively on PS5". PlayStation Blog. Retrieved October 28, 2020. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- Gerblick, Jordan (December 6, 2019). "Temtem is a Pokémon-like MMO coming to Steam next month". GamesRadar+. Retrieved January 9, 2020. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- Morton, Lauren (January 6, 2020). "You can join the free stress test for creature catching MMO Temtem". Rock, Paper, Shotgun. Retrieved January 9, 2020. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- Simón, Jaime San (May 30, 2018). "Crema Games lanza el Kickstarter de Temtem" [Crema Games launches Temtem's Kickstarter]. Eurogamer.es (in Spanish). Retrieved August 7, 2020.
- Wood, Austin (June 4, 2018). "Temtem looks to be as close to a Pokémon MMO as legally possible". PC Gamer. Retrieved August 7, 2020.
- Wong, Alastair (June 4, 2018). "Temtem Is A Pokémon-Inspired MMO By The Developers Of Immortal Redneck". Siliconera. Retrieved August 7, 2020.
- Wakeling, Richard (December 6, 2019). "TemTem, The Pokemon-Inspired MMO, Releases Early Next Year". GameSpot. Retrieved August 7, 2020.
- Shia, Brian (August 6, 2020). "Pokémon-Inspired MMO Temtem Coming To PS5 In 2021". Game Informer. Retrieved August 6, 2020. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- Fillari, Alessandro (August 6, 2020). "Temtem Is Coming To PS5, Xbox Series X, and Nintendo Switch In 2021". GameSpot. Retrieved August 6, 2020. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "Pokémon-like MMO Temtem surpasses 500,000 copies sold". VentureBeat. February 21, 2020. Retrieved May 31, 2020.