Ten Lake Township, Beltrami County, Minnesota
Ten Lake Township, Minnesota
|• Total||35.9 sq mi (93.1 km2)|
|• Land||22.6 sq mi (58.5 km2)|
|• Water||13.4 sq mi (34.7 km2)|
|Elevation||1,335 ft (407 m)|
|• Density||46/sq mi (17.6/km2)|
|Time zone||UTC-6 (Central (CST))|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC-5 (CDT)|
|GNIS feature ID||0665773|
According to the United States Census Bureau, the township has a total area of 35.9 square miles (93.1 km2), of which 22.6 square miles (58.5 km2) is land and 13.4 square miles (34.7 km2), or 37.22%, is water.
- Andrusia at
(This list is based on USGS data and may include former settlements.)
- Big Lake (south quarter)
- Blue Sky Lake
- Buck Lake
- Cass Lake
- Cass Lake (west quarter)
- Drewery Lake
- Little Lost Lake
- Lake Andrusia
- Lost Lake
- Luck Lake
- Mission Lake
- Silver Lake
- Ten Lake
- Windigo Lake
- Sugar Bush Township (north)
- Moose Lake Township (northeast)
- Pike Bay Township, Cass County (south)
- Farden Township, Hubbard County (southwest)
- Frohn Township (west)
- Turtle River Township (northwest)
As of the census of 2000, there were 1,005 people, 312 households, and 249 families residing in the township. The population density was 44.2 people per square mile (17.1/km²). There were 502 housing units at an average density of 22.1/sq mi (8.5/km²). The racial makeup of the township was 35.32% White, 61.99% Native American, 0.10% from other races, and 2.59% from two or more races. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 0.60% of the population.
There were 312 households out of which 44.6% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 44.6% were married couples living together, 27.2% had a female householder with no husband present, and 19.9% were non-families. 14.1% of all households were made up of individuals and 5.8% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older. The average household size was 3.22 and the average family size was 3.41.
In the township the population was spread out with 36.8% under the age of 18, 8.0% from 18 to 24, 24.2% from 25 to 44, 22.7% from 45 to 64, and 8.4% who were 65 years of age or older. The median age was 31 years. For every 100 females, there were 97.1 males. For every 100 females age 18 and over, there were 93.0 males.
The median income for a household in the township was $33,906, and the median income for a family was $34,896. Males had a median income of $29,125 versus $20,573 for females. The per capita income for the township was $11,853. About 17.7% of families and 21.6% of the population were below the poverty line, including 28.4% of those under age 18 and 4.8% of those age 65 or over.
- United States National Atlas
- United States Census Bureau 2007 TIGER/Line Shapefiles
- United States Board on Geographic Names (GNIS)
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "Geographic Identifiers: 2010 Demographic Profile Data (G001): Ten Lake township, Beltrami County, Minnesota". U.S. Census Bureau, American Factfinder. Retrieved January 15, 2014.