Ten Wanted Men
|Ten Wanted Men|
Original film poster
|Directed by||H. Bruce Humberstone|
|Produced by||Harry Joe Brown
|Written by||Irving Ravetch
Harriet Frank Jr.
|Screenplay by||Kenneth Gamet|
|Music by||Paul Sawtell|
|Cinematography||Wilfred M. Cline|
|Edited by||Gene Havlick|
|Distributed by||Columbia Pictures|
Adam Stewart (Lester Matthews), a lawyer heading west with grown son Howie (Skip Homeier), is persuaded by brother John Stewart (Randolph Scott) to settle down near him in Ocatilla, Arizona, where he has a ranch and romantic interest in a widow, Corinne Michaels (Jocelyn Brando).
The menacing rancher Wick Campbell (Richard Boone) has an attractive ward, Maria Segura (Donna Martell), and also lusts for her, but she wants no part of that. Her interest in Howie strikes a jealous chord in Campbell, who hires gunfighters led by Frank Scavo (Leo Gordon) to rid the region of the meddlesome Stewarts once and for all.
Campbell's thugs kill a rancher and stampede cattle. One picks a fight with Howie, who surprisingly beats him to the draw in self-defense, only to be locked up by Sheriff Gibbons (Dennis Weaver), falsely accused of murder. Howie busts out and flees with Maria.
Adam is killed in cold blood by Campbell, for which Howie blames himself while promising to get even. During a gun battle, the cowardly Campbell uses the sheriff's wife as a hostage. Scavo kills him, intending to take over the territory himself.
With assistance from the sheriff, John and Howie take on Scavo's men and prevail. The town has law and order at last, while the Stewarts celebrate a double wedding.
- Randolph Scott as John Stewart
- Jocelyn Brando as Corinne Michaels
- Richard Boone as Wick Campbell
- Alfonso Bedoya as Hermando
- Donna Martell as Maria Segura
- Skip Homeier as Howie Stewart
- Clem Bevans as Tod Grinnel
- Leo Gordon as Frank Scavo
- Minor Watson as Jason Carr
- Lester Matthews as Adam Stewart
- Tom Powers as Henry Green
- Dennis Weaver as Sheriff Clyde Gibbons
- Lee Van Cleef as Al Drucker
- Nott, Robert (20 January 2005). Last Of The Cowboy Heroes: The Westerns of Randolph Scott, Joel Mccrea and Audie Murphy. McFarland. p. 78. ISBN 978-0-7864-2261-6. Retrieved 26 April 2013.
- Ten Wanted Men on IMDb
- Ten Wanted Men at the TCM Movie Database
- Ten Wanted Men at AllMovie
- Ten Wanted Men at the American Film Institute Catalog
|This 1950s Western film–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|