This article needs additional citations for verification. (February 2019) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Presented by||Warwick Davis|
|Country of origin||United Kingdom|
|No. of series||3 (regular)|
1 (All Stars)
|No. of episodes||140 (regular)|
3 (All Stars)
|Running time||60 minutes (inc. adverts)|
|Distributor||Endemol Shine UK|
|Original release||14 November 2016 –|
Tenable is a British game show that has aired on ITV since 14 November 2016 and is presented by Warwick Davis. On each episode, five contestants attempt to win up to £125,000 by filling in lists of 10 items each.
The five contestants, who have a prior relationship, play the game as a team; one is designated as the captain. The goal in each round is to give as many answers as possible out of 10 in a factual list that fits a particular category, such as "The 10 'TAN' countries" (countries whose names in English include the letter sequence TAN) or "The first 10 James Bond films." Money accumulates in each of the first five rounds according to the table below.
1 through 4
Rounds 1 through 4
After hearing the category for a round, the captain designates one teammate to play it. Each teammate may only play one round.
The contestant must give at least five correct answers in order to qualify for the final. At or beyond this point, they may stop after any answer and bank the money; completing the list automatically banks the money and allows the contestant to advance.
Two forms of assistance are available until the fifth correct answer has been given:
- Nominate: Three times during the game, a contestant may choose one teammate to provide an answer, and may accept or reject it at their discretion.
- Overrule: Once per round, the captain may reject an answer they believe to be incorrect and give a different one in its place. The contestant's answer is tested first; if it is correct, they are not credited with that answer or awarded any money.
In addition, the contestant is allowed to make one mistake at any time without penalty. A second mistake, or being overruled in favour of an incorrect answer by the captain, defeats and eliminates the contestant from the game and forfeits the money for that round.
The captain plays this round under the same rules as the first four, with the following changes.
- The overrule button is permanently deactivated from play, but any remaining nominates carry over to this round.
- After any correct answer that awards money, the captain may choose to reinstate one eliminated teammate in exchange for dropping back one level on the money ladder.
- Reinstated teammates advance to the final only if the captain completes the list or chooses to stop.
- Regardless of the outcome, the captain advances to the final.
- The Vortex entrance closes after this round ends.
The maximum potential prize is £125,000, achieved by banking the full £25,000 in each of Rounds 1 through 5.
The remaining contestants are given one final list and must give one answer at a time, starting with the captain and then proceeding through any others in the order that they played the first four rounds. No overrules or nominates are allowed, because the overrule button is permanently deactivated. An incorrect answer immediately defeats and eliminates that contestant from the game. If the team completes the list, they win all the money they banked in the first five rounds; if the team is defeated, they leave with nothing. In the all stars version the celebrities will leave with £1,000 for their chairties
If a team reaches the final without banking any money and with all four defeated contestants trapped inside the vortex, the captain plays alone for a prize of £500.
|Series||Start date||End date||Episodes||Notes|
|1||14 November 2016||9 December 2016||20||Aired as a 3:00pm slot before Tipping Point and The Chase, the other being the second series of Rebound.|
|2||30 October 2017||11 May 2018||60||Series 2 took breaks from ? 2017 and ? 2018|
|3||3 September 2018||8 March 2019||60||This series contains its 100th episode. Series 3 took breaks from ? 2018 and ? 2019|
All Star editions
|Series||Start date||End date||Episodes|
|1||5 May 2019||TBC in 2019||3|
- Holmes, Jonathan (19 October 2016). "Warwick Davis to present new ITV quiz show". Radio Times. Retrieved 11 November 2017.
- Watkins, Mike (13 November 2016). "Warwick Davis gets ready to make ITV afternoons Tenable". ATV Today. Retrieved 3 February 2019.