Tender When I Want to Be
|"Tender When I Want to Be"|
|Single by Mary Chapin Carpenter|
|from the album Stones in the Road|
|B-side||"John Doe No 24"|
|Released||December 5, 1994|
|Songwriter(s)||Mary Chapin Carpenter|
|Producer(s)||Mary Chapin Carpenter
|Mary Chapin Carpenter singles chronology|
"Tender When I Want to Be" is a song written and recorded by American country music artist Mary Chapin Carpenter. It was released in December 1994 as the second single from her album Stones in the Road. The song reached number 6 on the Billboard Hot Country Singles & Tracks chart in February 1995.
Deborah Evans Price, of Billboard magazine reviewed the song favorably, calling it a "think-while-you-dance pop/country tune about grown-up emotions." She goes on to say that Carpenter continues to "light up country radio with incisive, intelligent lyrics and a talent for creating just the right melody."
The music video was directed by Michael Salomon and premiered in early 1995.
"Tender When I Want to Be" debuted at number 59 on the U.S. Billboard Hot Country Singles & Tracks for the week of December 10, 1994.
|Canada Country Tracks (RPM)||2|
|US Hot Country Songs (Billboard)||6|
|Canada Country Tracks (RPM)||44|
- Mary Chapin Carpenter Hot Country Songs Chart History
- Billboard, December 3, 1994
- "Top RPM Country Tracks: Issue 8009." RPM. Library and Archives Canada. February 27, 1995. Retrieved July 21, 2013.
- "Mary Chapin Carpenter Chart History (Hot Country Songs)" Billboard.
- "RPM Top 100 Country Tracks of 1995". RPM. December 18, 1995. Retrieved July 21, 2013.
|This 1990s country song-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|