This article needs additional citations for verification. (November 2011)
|OS grid reference|
|Sovereign state||United Kingdom|
Tendring is a village and civil parish in Essex. It gives its name to the Tendring District and before that the Tendring Hundred. Its name was given to the larger groupings because it was at the centre, not because it was larger than the other settlements. In 2011 the parish had a population of 736 and the district had a population of 138,048. The linear village straddles the B1035 from Manningtree to Thorpe-le-Soken.
- "Civil Parish population 2011". Retrieved 24 September 2015.
- "Kelly's Directory entry for Tendring". Historical Directories. 1882. Retrieved 17 November 2011.
- "Tendring". Britannica. Retrieved 8 August 2018.
- "TENDRING DISTRICT COUNCIL CONSERVATION AREA REVIEW" (PDF). Tendring District Council. 2006. Archived from the original (PDF) on 29 September 2011. Retrieved 17 November 2011.
- Peter Higginbotham. "The Workhouse in Tendring, Essex". The Workhouse. Retrieved 17 November 2011.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Tendring.|