This article needs additional citations for verification. (January 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Tenley Campus is a satellite campus of American University located on Tenley Circle, in Northwest Washington, DC. It was formerly home to the School of Professional & Extended Studies, including the Washington Semester Program, as well as University Publications, the Media Relations department, and the Osher Lifelong Learning Institute. These offices and the buildings that housed them were largely demolished in 2013 to make way for a new home for the Washington College of Law. In 2016 a slew of new academic buildings were completed and the Washington College of Law was formally relocated to Tenley Campus.
Purchased in 1987 by AU, Tenley Campus was acquired to alleviate space problems at the university's main campus. Formerly the Immaculata School, it was about half a mile from main campus on Tenley Circle, at the intersection of Wisconsin and Nebraska Avenues. This campus was popular with interns because of its close proximity to the Tenleytown-AU Metro station on the WMATA Red Line.
- Federal Hall—Housed 128 students; Contained the mailroom, computer lab, and dining hall (Tenley Café).
- Congressional Hall—Housed 173 students; contained reception desk and Resident Director's office.
- Constitution Building—Contained the Washington Semester Program, University Publications, Alumni Relations, and other administrative offices.
- Dunblane House—small office and classroom building
New and Renovated Buildings (c. 2016):
- Capital Hall-Older but newly renovated former cathedral. Houses law school admissions and administrative services.
- Warren Building-Completely new academic building. Features various classrooms, offices and the Pence Law Library.
- Yuma Building-Another completely new academic building. Houses a number of classrooms, faculty offices, and other academic and administrative spaces.
A GPS-friendly address for the Tenley Campus is 4344 Nebraska Ave. NW, Washington DC 20016.
- AU WCL Fact Sheet http://www.american.edu/buildingAU/upload/WCL-Fact-Sheet-12-22-15.pdf Retrieved 21 August 2016