View of the Fletcher Group of the Tenmile Range off State Highway 91 North of Leadville. The mountain that looks largest is "Unnamed Peak 13,900 ft. Fletcher Mountain is the next largest peak to the left, although it is taller than "Unnamed Peak with an elevation of 13,951 ft. Only Quandary Peak is higher in the Tenmile Range. Clinton Reservoir is in the foreground.
|Elevation||14,265 ft (4,348 m)|
|Parent range||Rocky Mountains|
|Borders on||Mosquito Range|
The Tenmile Range is a mountain range in U.S. state of Colorado. The range is an extension of the Mosquito Range which is part of the Rocky Mountains. The two ranges are effectively the same range. They are split only by the Continental Divide and name. The Tenmile Range is on the west side of the divide, and the Mosquito on the east. The range is often referred to as the Tenmile-Mosquito Range.
There are more than a dozen peaks in the range. Peak 1 is the northernmost peak. The sub-peaks of Mt. Victoria and Mt. Royal are located north of Peak 1. Tenmile Peak, south of Peak 1, is also known as Peak 2. Quandary Peak is the southernmost peak and highest point in the Range, elevation 14,265 feet.
- Quandary Peak 14,265
- Fletcher Mountain 13,951
- Pacific Peak
- Unnamed Peak 13,900
- Crystal Peak 13,852
- Atlantic Peak 13,841
- Wheeler Mountain 13,690
- Peak 10 13,633
- Father Dyer Peak 13,615, named for the clergyman John Lewis Dyer
- North Star Mountain 13,614
- Peak 1 is the northernmost peak of the range.
- The numbered peaks begin with Peak 1 which is directly north of Tenmile Peak. This peak used to have a ski jumping hill for the town of Frisco. South of Peak 1 are Peaks 2 through 10. There are more than a dozen peaks in the range. The southernmost is Quandary Peak.
- Breckenridge Ski Resort occupies the east faces of Peaks 6-10. The summits of Peak 6 and Peak 8 are both accessible by chairlift. The Kensho SuperChair on Peak 6 terminates at a crest in a ridge 300 feet below the summit, while the Imperial Express SuperChair stops at 12,840 feet, 160 feet below the summit of Peak 8. The true summits of both peaks can then be accessed by a shot hike from the top of either lift.