Tennessee State Route 107
|Length:||78.77 mi (126.77 km)|
|West end:||Round Mountain Road south of Del Rio|
| US 25 / US 70 in Del Rio
US 11E / US 321 in Tusculum
I-26 / US 19W in Erwin
|East end:||NC 226 east of Unicoi|
|Counties:||Cocke, Greene, Washington, Unicoi|
State Route 107 (SR 107) is a 78.77-mile (126.77 km) state highway in eastern Tennessee, United States. It begins at an intersection with Round Mountain Road south of Del Rio and ends at the North Carolina state line east of Unicoi, where it becomes NC 226.
It travels through the incorporated municipalities of Greeneville, Tusculum, Erwin and Unicoi, and the communities of Del Rio, South Greene, Horse Creek, South Central, Lamar, Embreeville and Limestone Cove.
State Route 107 bears the following names:
- Houston Valley Road From the Cocke-Greene county line to SR-70.
- Asheville Highway while concurrent with SR-70.
- West, South & North Main Streets while concurrent with US-321.
- Tusculum Boulevard while concurrent with US-11E Business.
- East Andrew Johnson Highway while concurrent with US-11E/US-321.
- Tusculum Bypass on the east side of Tusculum to intersection with Erwin Highway.
- Erwin Highway from Tusculum Bypass to Greene-Washington County line.
- Governor John Sevier Highway from Greene-Washington County line to junction with SR-81.
- Highway 81 while concurrent with SR-81.
- Jonesborough Road from Washington-Unicoi County line to North Main Avenue and Second Street intersection in Erwin.
- North Main Avenue from Second Street to Dry Creek Road intersection.
- Unicoi Drive from Dry Creek Road to SR-173.
- Highway 107 from SR-173 to Tennessee-North Carolina state-line.
In Greene County, SR-107 formerly went through downtown Tusculum along Erwin Highway, it has since been rerouted along US Route 11E/US Route 321 and the "Tusculum Bypass" a five lane (four lanes and center turn lane) road on the east side of Tusculum, it becomes Erwin Highway on the southeast side of the city. The former alignment is now an Unsigned Business Route.
Beginning in 2010 Improvements were made to 107's intersection with State Route 107 Cutoff just south of the city of Tusculum in Greene County and a traffic signal was installed. The work was completed the following year.
In 2010, the City of Tusculum and the Tennessee Department of Transportation approved improvements to the Tusculum Bypass and Edens Road intersection. The work is said to start in 2014. The work was completed in late September 2014, with added guardrails and flashing beacons.
State Route 107 Cutoff
State Route 107 Cutoff is a portion of Tennessee State Route 351 and a cutoff route of State Route 107.
It begins at Tennessee State Routes 70 and 107 in the South Greene community and goes northeasterly and junctions with Tennessee State Route 350 about halfway through. It continues northeasterly to State Route 107 and ends.
|Cocke||||0||0.0||Round Mountain Road and Ground Squirrel Road||Western terminus|
|Del Rio||US 25 north / US 70 west / SR 9 north – Newport||Western end of US-25/US-70/SR-9 concurrency|
|US 25 south / US 70 east / SR 9 south – Hot Springs||Eastern end of US-25/US-70/SR-9 overlap|
|Greene||South Greene||SR 70 south (Asheville Highway) – Marshall, Asheville||Western end of SR-70 overlap|
|SR 351 north (SR-107 Cutoff) – Erwin, Tusculum||Southern terminus of SR-351|
US 321 south / SR 35 south (West Main Street) / SR 70 north / US 321 Truck north (70 Bypass) – Newport, Morristown
|Eastern end of overlap with SR-70; Western end of overlap with US-321/SR-35|
|SR 350 south (East McKee Street) – Camp Creek||Western end of overlap with SR-350|
US 11E Bus. south / SR 350 north (West Summer Street) – Mosheim, Morristown
|Eastern end of overlap with SR-350; Western end of overlap with US-11E Business|
|US 321 north / SR 35 north (North Main Street)||Eastern end of first overlap with US-321; Eastern end of overlap with SR-35|
|US 11E / US 321 / SR 34 (East Andrew Johnson Highway) – Morristown, Mosheim||Northern terminus of and end overlap with US-11E Business, Western end of overlap with US-11E/US-321/SR-34|
|Erwin Highway – Tusculum, Tusculum College||Former SR-107|
|Tusculum||US 11E north / US 321 north / SR 34 north (East Andrew Johnson Highway) – Limestone, Jonesborough, Johnson City||Eastern end of overlap with US-11E/321/SR-34|
|Erwin Highway – Tusculum, Tusculum College||Former SR-107; At this intersection SR-107 becomes Erwin Highway|
|SR 351 south (SR-107 Cutoff) – South Greene||Western end of overlap with SR-351|
|||SR 351 north (Chuckey Pike) – Chuckey||Eastern end of overlap with SR-351|
|Washington||South Central||SR 353 north (Bailey Bridge Road) – Jonesborough||Southern terminus of SR-353|
|Lamar||SR 81 north – Jonesborough, Fall Branch||Begin overlap with SR-81|
|Unicoi||Erwin||I-26 / US 23 / US 19W / SR 36 – Johnson City, Asheville||Southern terminus of SR-81; end overlap with SR-81. I-26/US 19W/US 23 exit 37.|
|Main Avenue – Downtown Erwin||At this intersection SR 107 becomes Main Avenue|
|SR 395 east (Rock Creek Road) – Rock Creek||Northern terminus of SR-395|
|Harris Hollow Road To I-26 / US 23 / US 19W / SR 36 – Johnson City, Asheville|
|Unicoi||SR 173 west (Unicoi Drive) – Milligan College, Johnson City||Western end of overlap with SR-173|
|Limestone Cove||SR 173 east (Simerly Creek Road) – Hampton||Eastern of End overlap with SR-173|
|||NC 226 – Buladean, Burnsville, Bakersville||Eastern terminus of SR-107 at North Carolina State-line|
|1.000 mi = 1.609 km; 1.000 km = 0.621 mi
- "Erwin Highway/107 Cutoff Project Progressing". The Greeneville Sun.
- "Intersection Upgrades Approved By Tusculum". The Greeneville Sun.
- "2 Tusculum Road Projects Are Complete". The Greeneville Sun.
- Legg, Sue (22 May 2015). "Traffic finally flows on Erwin's long-awaited railroad overpass". Johnson City Press. Retrieved 27 May 2015.