Tennessee State Route 12
|Maintained by TDOT|
|Length||62.46 mi (100.52 km)|
|south end||US 31 / US 41 / US 431 / SR 6 / SR 11 / US 41A in Nashville|
|SR 374 in Clarksville|
US 41 Alt. at the Kentucky State Line
|Counties||Davidson, Cheatham, Montgomery|
SR 12 begins in downtown Nashville at an intersection with US 31/US 41/US 431/US 41A/SR 6/SR 11, concurrent with US 41A as its unsigned companion route. They go north and have an interchange with I-65. They then curve to the east and start paralleling the Cumberland River before they cross it. US 41A/SR 12 then enter Nashville's northern suburbs before they separate at a y-intersection where SR 112 begins and US 41A follows SR 112. SR 12 becomes signed as a primary highway and turns east, coming to an interchange with SR 155 (Briley Parkway). It continues east and then leaves Nashville. SR 12 then passes through the mountains of the Highland Rim before exiting it and Davidson County and entering Cheatham County.
In Cheatham County, SR 12 starts paralleling the Cumberland River before entering Ashland City. In Ashland City, it has a junction with SR 455 (Ashland City Bypass) before entering downtown and having an intersection and short concurrency with SR 49/SR 249. SR 12 then has another intersection with SR 455 (Ashland City Bypass) before leaving Ashland City. It then turns north and goes through some rural farmland before crossing into Montgomery County.
In Montgomery County, SR 12 passes through Fredonia before entering Clarksville at an intersection with US 41A Bypass. SR 12 then becomes unsigned again as it runs along the southeast boundary of Clarksville before coming to an intersection and becoming concurrent with SR 13/SR 48, turning north. They then continue into downtown, again following the Cumberland River, and coming to an intersection were SR 48 separates. They then continue north on the banks of the river to an intersection with US 41A, US 79, and SR 76, where US 41A bypass ends, SR 12 turns north on US 41A/US 79/SR 76, and SR 13 turns east on US 79. They then go north through a business district before US 79/SR 76 split of and go west, and US 41A/SR 12 go north and have an interchange with SR 374 (Purple Heart Parkway) before leaving Clarksville. US 41A/SR 12 then continues north and have a junction with SR 236 before crossing the Kentucky state line and entering Oak Grove, KY where SR 12 ends and US 41A continues as US 41 ALT.
|Length||1.91 mi (3.07 km)|
State Route 455, the Tennessee Waltz Parkway, is a short bypass around Ashland City in Cheatham County. The general routing is southeast-northwest. SR 455 is less than 2 miles (3.2 km) in length. The route is a continuation of a bypass from State Route 12 to State Route 49 which runs by the A.O. Smith water heater factory to a point just north of the Cumberland River bridge which is not designated a state route. State Route 455 has its origins in a 1997 referendum in which the voters of Ashland City authorized a 1/2 cent sales tax increase with proceeds going to build and maintain a continuation of the bypass back around to Route 12. The road was finally completed in 2005.
This section is missing a table that represents a list of exits or junctions.
Please help by .
- US 31 / US 41 / US 431 / US 41A / SR 6 / SR 11 in Nashville (Rosa L. Parks Boulevard; southern terminus; southern end of unsigned US 41A concurrency; south to Triune and north to Goodlettsville; US 41A continues south concurrent with US 41/US 31/US 431/SR 6/SR 11)
- I-65 in Nashville (Exit 85; north to Louisville, KY and south to Huntsville, AL)
- Bridge over Cumberland River
- US 41A / SR 112 in Nashville (Clarksville Highway; Y-intersection; northern end of unsigned US 41A concurrency; southern terminus of SR 112; north to Pleasant View; SR 12 becomes signed)
- SR 155 in Nashville (Briley Parkway; Exit 24; Beltway around downtown Nashville)
- SR 455 in Ashland City (Tennessee Waltz Parkway; southern terminus of SR 455; Bypass around the west side of downtown)
- SR 49 / SR 249 in Ashland City (Frey Street; southern end of SR 49/SR 249 concurrency; east to Pleasant View and Springfield)
- SR 49 / SR 249 in Ashland City (Cumberland Street; northern end of SR 49/SR 249 concurrency; west to Charlotte and Erin)
- SR 455 in Ashland City (Tennessee Waltz Parkway; northern terminus of SR 455; Bypass around the west side of downtown)
US 41A Byp. in Clarksville (South Riverside Drive; southern end of unsigned US 41A Bypass concurrency; southern and western bypass around downtown Clarksville; SR 12 becomes unsigned)
- SR 13 / SR 48 in Clarksville (Cumberland Drive; southern end of SR 13/SR 48 concurrency; south to Charlotte, Dickson, Erin, and Waynesboro)
- SR 48 in Clarksville (College Street; northern end of SR 48 concurrency; north to downtown)
US 41A Byp. / US 41A / US 79 / SR 13 / SR 76 in Clarksville (Providence Boulevard/Kraft Street/North Second Street; northern end of US 41A Bypass/SR 13; concurrency; northern terminus of US 41A Bypass; southern end of US 41A/US 79/SR 76 concurrency; US 41A/US 79/SR 76 south to downtown; US 79/SR 13 north to Kentucky)
- US 79 / SR 76 in Clarksville (Dover Road; northern end of US 79/SR 76 concurrency; south to Dover)
- SR 374 in Clarksville (Purple Heart Parkway/101st Airborne Division Parkway; interchange; beltway around the north and east sides of Clarksville)
- SR 236 in Clarksville (Tiny Town Road; western terminus of SR 236; east to I-24 (Exit 1))
US 41 Alt. at the Kentucky state line north of Clarksville (Fort Campbell Boulevard; northern terminus; US 41A continues north as US 41 Alt; north to Oak Grove, Fort Campbell, and Hopkinsville, KY)
- Tennessee Atlas & Gazetteer (Map) (2004 ed.). DeLorme.
- TDOT Region 3 Pavement Condition Data
|This Tennessee road or road transport-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|