Tennessee State Route 25
|Maintained by TDOT|
|Length||67.45 mi (108.55 km)|
|West end||SR 161 in Barren Plains|
|US 231 / SR 10 / SR 376 east of Castalian Springs|
|East end||US 70N / SR 24 / SR 53 in South Carthage|
|Counties||Robertson, Sumner, Trousdale and Smith|
State Route 25 (SR 25) is a west-east state highway in Middle Tennessee.
SR 25 begins as a secondary highway in Robertson County in Barren Plains at an intersection with SR 161, and goes east to an intersection with US 431/SR 65 just north of Springfield. It continues east through rural unincorporated Robertson County, near Cross Plains, to intersect and have a short concurrency with SR 49, before separating and continuing east, becoming a primary highway. It then goes through the middle of Cross Plains and conitues east to intersect I-65. Not even a 1/2 mile later, it intersects US 31W/SR 41 and enters Sumner County.
It then comes to an intersection with SR 76 just south of New Deal. It continues through Cottontown to Gallatin to intersect with SR 109. It continues into downtown Gallatin to intersect and run concurrently with SR 174/SR 386. A short distance later, it intersects US 31E/SR 6, where SR 386 ends and SR 174 separated and continues north along US 31E/SR 6 into downtown, while SR 25 continues east. It continues through Castalian Springs and enters Trousedale County.
A short distance from the county line, it intersects US 231 and SR 10, with SR 10 running concurrently with SR 25 to Hartsville. Continuing east, it enters Hartsville and intersects SR 141, runs concurrent for a short distance, then separates and turns south, while SR 25/SR 10 continue east. Just outside of Hartsville, SR 10 separates and turns north, while SR 25 continues its eastward trek, and crosses into Smith County shortly afterwards. Just before the county line, SR 25 passes just north of the abandoned Hartsville Nuclear Plant.
After crossing into Smith County, it passes through Dixon Springs. It then continues east to Riddleton, and then to Carthage, where it intersects SR 80. Continuing into Carthage, it intersects with SR 263, providing access to downtown. It then curves to the south and crosses the Cumberland River and enters South Carthage. It then ends at US 70N/SR 24/SR 53 in South Carthage.
This article contains a bulleted list or table of intersections which should be presented in a properly formatted junction table.(January 2018)
- SR 161 in Barren Plains (Keysburg Road; western terminus; north to Keysburg, KY and south to Springfield; SR 25 begins as a secondary highway)
- US 431 / SR 65 north of Springfield (Tom Austin Highway; north to Adairville, KY and south to Springfield)
- SR 49 northeast of Springfield (Highway 49; western end of SR 49 concurrency; south to Springfield)
- SR 49 southwest of Orlinda (Highway 49; eastern end of SR 49 concurrency; north to Orlinda; SR 25 turns primary)
- I-65 in Cross Plains (I-65 exit 112; south to Nashville and north to Bowling Green)
- US 31W / SR 41 in Cross Plains (Highway 31W; south to Nashville and north to Bowling Green)
- SR 76 south of New Deal (Portland-White House Road; west to White House and east to New Deal and Portland)
- SR 109 in Gallatin (Highway 109; north to Portland and south to Laguardo and Lebanon)
- SR 174 / SR 386 in Gallatin (Long Hollow Pike; western end of SR 174/SR 386 concurrency; west to Hendersonville)
- US 31E / SR 6 / SR 174 in Gallatin (West Main Street; northern terminus of SR 386; eastern end of SR 174 concurrency; south to Hendersonville and north to downtown)
- US 231 / SR 10 / SR 376 east of Castalian Springs (Hunters Point Pike; southern terminus of SR 376; western end of SR 10 concurrency; US 231/SR 10 south to Murfreesboro; US 231/SR 376 north to Westmoreland)
- SR 141 in Hartsville (Green Grove Road; western end of SR 141 concurrency; north to Siloam)
- SR 141 in Hartsville (Broadway; eastern end of SR 141 concurrency; south to downtown and Lebanon)
- SR 10 east of Hartsville (Highway 10; eastern end of SR 10 concurrency; north to Lafayette)
- SR 80 west of Carthage (Pleasant Shade Highway; southern terminus of SR 80; north to Defeated, Pleasant Shade, and Willette)
- SR 263 in Carthage (Hartsville Pike; southern terminus of SR 263; north to Defeated)
- Bridge over the Cumberland River
- US 70N / SR 24 / SR 53 in South Carthage (Lebanon Highway/Gordonsville Highway/Cookeville Highway; eastern terminus; US 70N/SR 24 west to Lebanon, SR 53 south to Gordonsville, and US 70N/SR 24/SR 53 east to Cookeville; SR 25 ends as a primary highway)