Tennessee Wing Civil Air Patrol
The Tennessee Wing of the Civil Air Patrol, the United States Air Force Auxiliary
|United States Air Force|
|Commander||Col Dent W. Young II|
|Vice Commander||Lt Col Brian Hughes|
|Chief of Staff||Maj Jeff Gebhart|
|Statistics as of 2017|
The Tennessee Wing Civil Air Patrol (CAP) is the highest echelon of Civil Air Patrol in the state of Tennessee. Tennessee Wing headquarters are located in Alcoa, Tennessee. The Tennessee Wing consists of over 1,000 cadet and adult members at over 36 locations across the state of Tennessee.
The Tennessee Wing performs the three missions of the Civil Air Patrol: providing emergency services; offering cadet programs for youth; and providing aerospace education for both CAP members and the general public.
The Civil Air Patrol provides emergency services, which includes performing search and rescue and disaster relief missions; as well as assisting in humanitarian aid assignments. The CAP also provides Air Force support through conducting light transport, communications support, and low-altitude route surveys. The Civil Air Patrol can also offer support to counter-drug missions.
The Civil Air Patrol offers a cadet program for youth aged 12 to 21, which includes aerospace education, leadership training, physical fitness and moral leadership.
The Civil Air Patrol offers aerospace education for CAP members and the general public, including providing training to the members of CAP, and offering workshops for youth throughout the nation through schools and public aviation events.
|TN000||Tennessee Wing HQ Squadron||Alcoa|
|TN004||Kingsport Composite Squadron||Bristol|
|TN005||Smyrna Composite Squadron||Smyrna|
|TN008||Knoxville Composite Squadron 1||Powell|
|TN014||Millington Composite Squadron||Memphis|
|TN015||Greeneville Composite Squadron||Greeneville|
|TN019||Morristown Composite Squadron||Morristown|
|TN036||Tullahoma Composite Squadron||Tullahoma|
|TN056||Berry Field Composite Squadron 56||Nashville|
|TN080||Henry County Composite Squadron||Cottage Grove|
|TN087||Knoxville Senior Squadron 1||Kingston|
|TN093||Sevier County Flight||Sevierville|
|TN119||Jackson Madison County Senior Squadron||Jackson|
|TN120||Crossville Senior Squadron||Crossville|
|TN133||Middle Tennessee Senior Squadron||Ashland City|
|TN148||McGhee-Tyson Composite Squadron||Knoxville|
|TN160||Sumner County Cadet Squadron 16||Madison|
|TN162||Murfreesboro Composite Squadron||Murfreesboro|
|TN170||Oak Ridge Composite Squadron||Oak Ridge|
|TN173||Cleveland Composite Squadron||Cleveland|
|TN176||Rhea County Composite Squadron||Dayton|
|TN185||Music City Composite Squadron||Nashville|
|TN187||Chattanooga Composite Squadron||Chattanooga|
|TN189||Lewis County Cadet Squadron||Hohenwald|
|TN191||Hendersonville Cadet Squadron||Hendersonville|
|TN192||Choo Choo Senior Squadron||Chattanooga|
|TN193||Williamson County Cadet Squadron||Thompson Station|
|TN194||Hardeman County Cadet Squadron||Rossville|
|TN195||Everett-Stewart Composite Squadron||Union City|
|TN393||Cumberland Composite Squadron||Gainesboro|
|TN999||Tennessee Legislative Squadron||Cleveland|
Civil Air Patrol members employed within the borders of Tennessee are guaranteed unpaid leave from their place of work without "loss of time, pay not specifically related to leave of absence time, regular leave or vacation, or impairment of efficiency rating" whenever they are activated for duty or training, under TN Code § 8-33-110 (2016).
- "eServices, National Headquarters". Civil Air Patrol., login required
- "Contact Us". Tennessee Wing Civil Air Patrol Official Website. Retrieved 12 May 2015.
- "2012 Statistics" (PDF). Retrieved 12 May 2015.
- "Civil Air Patrol". Civil Air Patrol Official Website. Retrieved 12 May 2015.
- "Emergency Services". Civil Air Patrol Official Website. Archived from the original on 9 November 2015. Retrieved 12 May 2015.
- "Cadet Programs". Civil Air Patrol Official Website. Archived from the original on 3 December 2015. Retrieved 12 May 2015.
- "Aerospace Education". Civil Air Patrol Official Website. Archived from the original on 14 November 2015. Retrieved 12 May 2015.
- "Civil Air Patrol Unit Directory" (PDF). Gocivilairpatrol.com. Archived from the original (PDF) on 7 August 2015. Retrieved 17 October 2015.
- "§ 8-33-110. Unpaid leave for members of Tennessee army and air national guard, Tennessee state guard and civil air patrol". Justia. 2016. Retrieved 16 October 2017.