Tennis (1984 video game)
This article needs additional citations for verification. (February 2011) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Platform(s)||NES, PC-88, PlayChoice-10, Sharp X1, Famicom Disk System|
Famicom Disk System
The game features single-player and two-player modes for singles and doubles matches, with either competitive or cooperative gameplay. A computerized opponent's artificial intelligence can be set to one of five difficulty levels. Mario referees the matches.
In 1985, Hudson Soft published Tennis for the PC-8801. It was also included in the Nintendo Vs. System series under the name Vs. Tennis (VS. テニス Bāsasu Tenisu). Nintendo ported the game to the Game Boy in 1989, and to the Nintendo e-Reader in 2002.
The original version is embedded in the life simulation game Animal Crossing (2001), and features in the party video game WarioWare: Twisted! (2004) as one of 9-Volt's minigames. For the Virtual Console, Nintendo republished the Famicom/NES version of Tennis to the Wii in 2006 and the Wii U in 2013 and the Game Boy version to the Nintendo 3DS in 2011. This version will also be included in the Nintendo Switch Online Service along with other Nintendo Entertainment System games in late 2018.
References and notes
- INTELLIGENT SYSTEMS CO., LTD. ゲームソフト Archived 2008-08-25 at the Wayback Machine.
- Kohler, Chris. "Miyamoto Spills Donkey Kong's Darkest Secrets, 35 Years Later". Wired. Retrieved 17 October 2016.
- Life, Nintendo (2018-05-11). "Guide: Nintendo Switch Online FAQ - Everything We Know So Far". Nintendo Life. Retrieved 2018-05-13.
- Jimmy Connors Tennis (1993)
- List of Nintendo Entertainment System games
- Super Tennis (1991)
- Top Players' Tennis (1990)